Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lexington LaW

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Lexington LaW

I just spent the past several months with one of Lexington Law's competitors, Ovation Law... They were friendly and stayed on top of things, but I am convinced that the CRAs and CAs didn't take my disputes seriously because they came from a "letter mill." Only after I dropped Ovation and did my own letters did I get a meaningful response from any of the CRAs. It took my about three hours on the weekend and reading on this board to get the letters done. If you don't have time to do it yourself, maybe it's worth the third party firm, but I think they're probably less successful (just a feeling, no data obviously).
Message 31 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

i agree with doing it yourself....but i had a bankruptcy removed after several  years (way way before the 10 year mark),,,,,i dont think i could have that removed by myself.,...,,,,yes u do get form letter saying BS from the CRA (especially EX) but i still had the most of negs removed,,,,,,,,

since one of the negs was removed from TU last week my TU score went up 20 to 683,,,,,my other 2 scores are 585 and 633....everytime a neg drops it goes up 20 pts apprx.....TU negs are dropping off like flies.....Lexington law disputes 3-4 at a time so its not frivilous.....at first they sent letters to verify all negs (in waves)....then a bunch got deleted that way then they sent "intervention" letters in waves on the next go around...it seems Bank of America is the biggest pain,,,,duplicates and erroneous info....i feel they will drop next couple of rounds//

i think when the last neg is removed on TU my TU score will be above 700 with no negs,,,,

EQ & EX are tough cookies,,,,,but the negs are dropping....but in all fairness a did have approximately 25% more negs on EQ & EX tha TU,,,,

all 3 scores last year were in the mid 500s
Message 32 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

I removed most of my stuff myself but hired LL to get rid of Palisades and Berks. In 2 weeks they're gone and I've been fighting those two for 3 years. So I can't say anything bad about them BUT you can do most of the stuff yourself.

I only paid for the $39 a month service.
Message 33 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

My $0.02 -

Lexington Law is one of the few credit repair firms that are legitimate.  They are not scam artists who take your money and run.  

However, most of the staff are NOT attorneys (which is why they won't represent you if something goes to court or arbitration), and all they do is send the same letters that one can send oneself to dispute inaccurate items on the credit report.   

Also, the ROI is relatively low.  Their fees are exorbitant for the work that they actually do.

Even if you tried to hire an actual consumer attorney to help you with credit repair, s/he will advise you to do the credit repair yourself.

If you don't have the time and energy to do the credit repair yourself, I always advise recruiting a very trusted relative - a relative that you would trust with your own life - to assist you with the credit repair.  This person can help you write and send out the letters. 

Message 34 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

Joined Lexi-Law in late July of this year. I already have 4 deletions. Working good for me so far. Jumped my FICO score up 20 points in the process.

Message 35 of 37
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

As mentioned elsewhere in this thread and on the boards, Lexington Law is considered by FICO to use unethical methods, and advocacy is not allowed here on the forums. Smiley Happy

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 36 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

+1

LL is known to send out letters blaming fake situations for the CO, BK etc to the gain the reader's sympathy. It DOES work, but in the long run it only forces the lenders to close doors to GW's and other stuff as they will start treating all those letters as phony.

Message 37 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.