cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lien gone from EX but not from EQ or TU - What should I do?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lien gone from EX but not from EQ or TU - What should I do?

So i checked my fico score after 9 months (Today)and it appears a tax lien on my name was removed from EX but it has not been removed from EQ or TU. I paid my tax lien in full in July 2016 and have not heard anything from the state authorities on it. They should send a notification in writing but have yet to do so.

Now what should I do? Should I dispute the lien on EQ and TU based on what i see on EX or should I wait a few more weeks and see if it drops off. 

If I should wait a few weeks then what should I do after that?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Lien gone from EX but not from EQ or TU - What should I do?

What state?  If your state withdraws the lien after being paid and you have paperwork for it, file the dispute with that.  Or in your case get the paperwork from the state Smiley Happy.

Can't dispute based on what EX did; in my case with a Cali lien just being paid doesn't remove it (unfortunately).  

        
Message 2 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

The fact that one CRA is not reporting public record information does not require its removal by other CRAs.

The issue is whether the public record information is accurate.

Paying a tax lien is basis for begin of running of the 7 year exclusion period under FCRA 605(a), and is not basis for its removal.

You would have to get the public record information vacated, and not just updated to paid, in order to get it deleted from your credit report.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks guys.

Its NJ state. I know once its paid I should get some letter called a warrant of satisfaction. Based on that I can get a lawyer to vacate the lien. I am still waiting for the warrant of satisifaction. Most likely call in the next few days since it has been 4 months since i paid it.

I am just confused as to why EX removed the lien and I don't want to call up and ask incase it comes back up again.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.