cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

List of Consumer Reporting Agencies (pdf)

tag
EmmaGolden
Frequent Contributor

List of Consumer Reporting Agencies (pdf)

For anyone interested; this is a link to a pdf file of CRA's. It is quite conprehensive Smiley Happy

http://files.consumerfinance.gov/f/201501_cfpb_list-consumer-reporting-agencies.pdf

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Re: List of Consumer Reporting Agencies (pdf)

The sentiment is good but it's far from the first time the list has been posted.  If people can't or won't search then this thread will also be of limited use as it will get buried by other active threads.

https://www.google.com/search?q=list+of+consumer+reporting+agencies+site%3Aficoforums.myfico.com&oq=...

Message 2 of 11
EmmaGolden
Frequent Contributor

I totally agree with you. I'm finally at the point where I'm reading older posts, there is so much here to learn from. But I am guilty of only reading what directly pertained to me as a newbie. I had my 1st encounter with  a different CRA & even reading before about them, it never hit me with such impact. I guess unfortunately I needed to be kicked to wake up. 

Things are falling into place as to why Equifax asked me identity questions that were so far off. I got denied because of info from a lesser known CRA. Not mad over the denial, not the 1st & won't be the last in my journey. I realize I need to check other CRA to see what they contain. Then, try to correct, in the end, I will probably freeze them. Reason why I shared the list, if it helps 1 person I have done well Smiley Wink

I thank you all here for all the amazing information shared. I only found you a couple of months ago & I have learned so much. But I do realize I have so much more to learn. 

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sometimes an extra push of a more recently dated thread can aide in journeys.

I for one tend to gravitate towards information threads posted 2 or less years ago.
Message 4 of 11
EmmaGolden
Frequent Contributor

buyaobuyao wrote:

I for one tend to gravitate towards information threads posted 2 or less years ago.
You're so right about time frame. Lots of things change & info becomes outdated. The list I posted, looks like it was compiled in 2015, by this year sometime it will probably be outdated, if not already Smiley Wink
Message 5 of 11
iv
Valued Contributor

@EmmaGolden wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

You're so right about time frame. Lots of things change & info becomes outdated. The list I posted, looks like it was compiled in 2015, by this year sometime it will probably be outdated, if not already Smiley Wink

Yes, that one is outdated - the 2016 list has been available for some time now:

http://files.consumerfinance.gov/f/201601_cpfb_list-of-consumer-reporting-companies.pdf

EQ8:850 TU8:850 EX8:850
EQ9:847 TU9:847 EX9:839
EQ5:797 TU4:807 EX2:813 - 2021-06-06
Message 6 of 11
EmmaGolden
Frequent Contributor

@iv wrote:

@EmmaGolden wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

http://files.consumerfinance.gov/f/201601_cpfb_list-of-consumer-reporting-companies.pdf

Thank you for the update Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 11
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

I have added this thread to the list of frequently requested threads under General Credit. Thanks for posting it.
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@EmmaGolden wrote:

@iv wrote:

@EmmaGolden wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you for the update Smiley Happy

I couldn't help but notice that ICS and ARS were nowhere to be found on that updated list of consumer reporting companies. Are they not considered a consumer reporting agency? If not, how can that be? I mean they collect info on consumers, and then provide that info to other agencies. It's frustrating -- how are we ever supposed to know that these companies exist and are providing info about us?

If ICS and ARS aren't even on that list, it makes me wonder how many other companies are out there that aren't listed either.

Message 9 of 11
iv
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I couldn't help but notice that ICS and ARS were nowhere to be found on that updated list of consumer reporting companies. Are they not considered a consumer reporting agency? If not, how can that be? I mean they collect info on consumers, and then provide that info to other agencies. It's frustrating -- how are we ever supposed to know that these companies exist and are providing info about us?

If ICS and ARS aren't even on that list, it makes me wonder how many other companies are out there that aren't listed either.

Yeah, some organizations that are, by law, subject to FCRA, do try to fly under the radar...

...and since "ICS" does rather act for VISA/MC much like Chex does for bank accounts, it should certainly be included.

But: Issuers Clearinghouse Service doesn't appear to technically exist as a company - instead there are two separate companies handling the data - Advanced Resolution Services, Inc. for VISA, and Lakeside Information Resources for MasterCard.

Somewhat disturbingly, Acxiom (yeah, the marketing guys) appear to be the public point-of-contact for FACTA requests for both ARS and LIR.

Also interesting - although ICS/ARS/LIR/Acxiom don't appear on the CFPB list, SterlingBackcheck does (check the address - same office...)

EQ8:850 TU8:850 EX8:850
EQ9:847 TU9:847 EX9:839
EQ5:797 TU4:807 EX2:813 - 2021-06-06
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.