cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Soft-pull PREAPPROVALs - Updated 4/20/21

tag
robleewent

Re: List of Soft-pull PREAPPROVAL Links - Updated 4/23

I was just on their site and when I attempted to do a preapproval, the link appeard to be broken or not working.  I signed in and when I tried to access their other products (outside of my vehicle loan account), it wanted me to sign out to do this.  Seemed a little odd. I might try again in a few days. 

Message 91 of 339
waqaszm1
Regular Contributor

Re: List of Soft-pull PREAPPROVAL Links - Updated 5/6

Thank you for informing. List has been updated to reflect this change. 

Message 92 of 339
waqaszm1
Regular Contributor

Message 93 of 339
Neiltyson
Contributor

Thanks for awesome list.

Can someone please clarify for me what pre-qualify means in terms of soft pull.. 

Will you get a hard pull once you accept the offer?

I'm planning on going on a spree soon, but don't want to accept cards I don't really want thinking it was only a soft pull. Thanks! 

Message 94 of 339
Iusedtolurk
Established Contributor

@Neiltyson wrote:

Thanks for awesome list.

Can someone please clarify for me what pre-qualify means in terms of soft pull.. 

Will you get a hard pull once you accept the offer?

I'm planning on going on a spree soon, but don't want to accept cards I don't really want thinking it was only a soft pull. Thanks! 

@NeiltysonWhen you input your information into a pre-quaification the issuer displays credit offers that you will have a higher percentage of obtaining especially when they give you a set apr (such as 18%) some may even show credit line.

All of this is done through a soft pull of your credit which has no effect on your score.

Once you accept the offer and apply then a hard pull is done which may cause you to lose 3 or more points off your credit score (which is no biggy).

If you go on a spree expect each new account to drop your score by 3 points or more such as 4 account 12 or more points total but spread among the bureaus the hard pull was done on.

for example

2 from transunion 6 or more points

1 from equifax       3 or more points

1 from experian     3 or more points

You generally get those points back when the inquiries age 1 year

Basically all new accounts you initiate cause a hard pull to be done (whether that account is approved or denied).

Message 95 of 339
MeN5
Regular Contributor

Re: List of 24 Credit cards with PREAPPROVAL Links ! - Updated 3/5/20

@robleewent That exact thing happened to me I immediately closed the card and they removed the inquiry and account .

Message 96 of 339
robleewent

@MeN5 wrote:

@robleewent That exact thing happened to me I immediately closed the card and they removed the inquiry and account .

Did you just call IKEA or the cars issuer and request that verbally? Did they tell you why or offer to stick by their preapproval? 

Message 97 of 339
BmoreBull
Established Contributor

I used the link to the Kay Jewelers prequal. It wasn’t a soft pull and it wasn’t from Comenity any more. They hard pulled my Equifax and it said the bank was Sterling. I also got an email that said the card was through Genesis FS card services. To be clear, when I got to the Kay’s website, the link said get prequalified. But after filling in my info, I received a hard pull. I was approved for a $4k limit, but would never had pulled the trigger on this card if I knew I was going to get hard pulled or open up a new account. It was my mistake and I’m not blaming anyone. Just sharing dp’s.

Starting Fico Scores:November 2019

Current Fico Scores: January 6, 2021
Goal Scores: 700 across all three
Message 98 of 339
matrixx
Established Member

I received a hard pull for this.  Smiley Sad

Message 99 of 339
Anonymous
Not applicable

@waqaszm1 

23. Petal is invitation only now

24. Deserve lets you pre qualify if you are a student only

Message 100 of 339
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.