cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Soft-pull PREAPPROVALs - Updated 4/20/21

tag
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: List of companies with pre-qualify / pre-approval options ! So you do not waste precious inquiri

@K-in-Boston wrote:

@coreysw12 wrote:

I agree about BofA - their pre-qual "tool" is an outright scam. I was "offered" a card with that tool a few months ago, so I applied for it. Now check out the sweet BofA card in my signature.

I received three cards instantly approved in the past couple of years with the exact APR listed in their prequalification tool: BankAmericard, Cash Rewards, and Premium Rewards.  I believe it's the same as always, and as with most other lenders: one APR listed is usually a pretty solid offer, while "variable APR of 10.99 to 27.99%" is just marketing.

Ymmv KSmiley Wink i once got a solid apr offer too from Boa prequsl site, yup, deniedSmiley Wink. I would not classify their page as prequal more a hey if you are looking for a cash back card we have one pageSmiley Happy

Message 31 of 339
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: List of companies with pre-qualify / pre-approval options ! So you do not waste precious inquiri

@coreysw12 wrote:

@KLEXH25 wrote:

Is the Citi prequalification form legit? I can never seem to land on anything, even though my scores are pretty decent. Not that I want anything else from them. I, too, like to fill out forms when I get a "gardening itch," so it's frustrating when I don't get any offers!

It's legit. Not sure why they''re not giving you any offers, I do know they're a bit sensitive about utilization on your accounts in your report

Its legit but not everyone gets prequals from them irregardless of their profile. I never see one so im usually just one to base spproval odds off my profile not a prequalSmiley Wink

Message 32 of 339
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Re: List of 24 Credit cards with PREAPPROVAL Links ! - Updated 3/5/20

@coreysw12 wrote:

FYI, I've been told that the Ikea Projekt card is only "sort of" a pre-approval tool, kind of like BofA. Apparently they tell pretty much everybody that they're pre-qualified for $5,500, which is relatively meaningless because it's often less (or not approved at all) once you fill out the app, unless you have great credit.

I cannot attest to that myself, as I haven't applied for it. But every time I've checked the pre-qual site for the last year, no matter what my credit looks like at the time (and it's been all over the place for the last year), they've always "pre-qualified" me for exactly $5,500 - no more and no less. Which seems to somewhat validate what others have said about their pre-qual tool.

No, some people have gotten pre-approvals for $15k or more. Seems like the 5500 is a general bucket for scores between 6xx and 7xx. It's a comenity thing. I tried the Toyota one once. It pre-approved me for $1500. Theres fine print that it's up to that amount depending on the credit pull.

Message 33 of 339
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

I'll add a +1 on the Citi prequal.  When I got my Diamond Preferred a few years back (since product changed to Rewards+), I was instantly approved with the 12.24% APR that the prequal showed.  I was later approved for the ThankYou Premier with no preapprovals showing, and haven't seen any in a few years, but wouldn't hesitate to actually apply for another Citi product if it met my needs.  (Prestige was a strong consideration when I chose to get the Business Platinum charge card instead recently.)

As for IKEA, it's very much YMMV.

Screen Shot 2018-03-01 at 10.38.57 AM.png

Message 34 of 339
Anonymous
Not applicable

anyone have any experience with that us alliance credit union? says im prequalifed and has auto loan credit card and personal loan under it and says apply now? 

Message 35 of 339
FAMUGrad2001
New Contributor

Re: List of 26 Credit cards with PREAPPROVAL Links ! - Updated 3/6/20

Just approved for $4000 Apple Card - Soft Pull

Starting Score: 545
Current Score: 656
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 36 of 339
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

anyone have any experience with that us alliance credit union? says im prequalifed and has auto loan credit card and personal loan under it and says apply now? 

I spoke with them yesterday. They pull EX2 FICO and 740 gets their best rate. You're best off calling them to establish membership and do the app because they are a relationship CU and will call you anyway. 

Message 37 of 339
JNA1
Valued Contributor

@KLEXH25 wrote:

@coreysw12 wrote:

@KLEXH25 wrote:

Is the Citi prequalification form legit? I can never seem to land on anything, even though my scores are pretty decent. Not that I want anything else from them. I, too, like to fill out forms when I get a "gardening itch," so it's frustrating when I don't get any offers!

It's legit. Not sure why they''re not giving you any offers, I do know they're a bit sensitive about utilization on your accounts in your report

I did the prequal two days ago. My accounts are currently AZEO, and my one balance is $21 out of an $11,000 card (which happens to be my Citi Costco card)....so clearly no soup for me!!

I went 2 years without ever getting a Citi prequalification, and then started getting them after going on my 5 card app spree? 🤷‍♂️ ***Not saying you should go on an app spree***😉
Our credit card journey started 3/2018

Hover over cards to see limits and usage. Total CL - $584,600. Cash Back and SUBs earned as of 9/1/22- $15292.65
CU Memberships

Goal Cards:

Message 38 of 339
waqaszm1
Regular Contributor

Re: List of 27 Credit cards with PREAPPROVAL Links ! - Updated 3/9/20

#27. Conn's Home Plus (Pulls any 1 Bureau at random) - https://www.conns.com/yes-money-credit 

Furniture/appliances etc. all across the south. Pretty easy to get a decent credit line reporting on bureaus. 

Message 39 of 339
coreysw12
Valued Contributor

Re: List of 27 Credit cards with PREAPPROVAL Links ! - Updated 3/9/20

Affirm is a company that offers monthly payments (short term loans) for purchases at participating online retailers. They don't have a central  pre-qualification site, but they offer SP pre-qualification at most (all?) of the participating vendors' websites. You can find a participating vendor from their website:

https://www.affirm.com/how-it-works 

Interest rates vary from 10-30%. Some vendors also offer special terms, like 0% for 12 months. They won't run a HP until/unless you make an actual purchase using their service.

Total Loan Balance: $43k / $65k

Total SL: $78k

United 1K - 725,000 lifetime flight miles    |    Chase Status: 4/24
Message 40 of 339
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.