cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Live chat on Capital One site GONE????? And no date showing for pending transactions?!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Live chat on Capital One site GONE????? And no date showing for pending transactions?!

Can't find it anywhere??

Also, you can't see the DATE for your pending tranactions anymore. I need to know when certain charges are run.....

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

Re: Live chat on Capital One site GONE????? And no date showing for pending transactions?!

Now that you mention it, I haven’t seen the chat thingy pop up recently either. You can see dates on pending transactions in the app. Tap on the transaction to see it.
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Live chat on Capital One site GONE????? And no date showing for pending transactions?!

I just logged on to CapOne & the chat feature pops ups for me....after a delay of about 15 seconds.

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

THanks, no chat for me. I'm talking about using this on a desktop computer,

Also, with the dates on PENDING transactions. That's RIDICULOS you can't see the dates on a desktop comptuer but can on an APP?!?

I should be able to see EVERYTHING on a desktop computer about the details of my purchases. Why on earth are they hidden on the desktop website. Seems reversed.

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

On the left side, towards the bottom, there should be a little chat-bubble looking icon, above the megaphone icon. Click the chat bubble. If you have multiple accounts you may have to click into one account or another for it to appear.

Also, if you hover around or idle on your account for about thirty seconds it pops up a "Need help" icon in the area between Current Balance and Make a Payment.

It may be an issue with your browser if it still doesn't show as it does that for me on Windows and Mac in different browsers.

Message 5 of 10
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

OP, as mentioned above, this sounds more like a browser specific issue. On desktop or tablet, chat option displays as well as pending transaction activity, with the dates, etc.
Message 6 of 10
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

I'm not seeing a bubble above my megaphone either.

@Anonymous, Capital One showed dates on pendings in the desktop version until a few months ago. When I called about the disappearance of that information, the rep said many people were calling in about it. She expressed hope that Capital One would respond to the feedback and restore the feature. It appears that this may have been a casualty of some of the software upgrades they had been doing. She then mentioned that the information was still available in the app.

It could be worse. My Citi card doesn't show pending transactions at all.

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@HeavenOhio wrote:

I'm not seeing a bubble above my megaphone either.

@Anonymous, Capital One showed dates on pendings in the desktop version until a few months ago. When I called about the disappearance of that information, the rep said many people were calling in about it. She expressed hope that Capital One would respond to the feedback and restore the feature. It appears that this may have been a casualty of some of the software upgrades they had been doing. She then mentioned that the information was still available in the app.

It could be worse. My Citi card doesn't show pending transactions at all.

Yea! I just think why would they HIDE information like this. When it comes to banking and your money, every avilable detail should be SHOWN! This just blows me away. 

Message 8 of 10
DollyLama
Established Contributor

I notice this on my account now "Pending transactions are reflected in your available credit. They will not reflect in your current balance until they have posted." 

Message 9 of 10
MyDataMyChoice
Valued Contributor

Brings back thought of the Penfed Debit Card      No Pending Transactions UGH

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.