cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Locking TU and EQ via CK? Better way?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Locking TU and EQ via CK? Better way?

For what it’s worth, TU’s app works even when their site is down, that’s how I ended up freezing my file again when their site was down when I had to unlock it for the myFICO reporting to start. 

As for Experian, they require ID to give access to online features again but I thought that you could email that to them? Might be worth looking into. 

I highly doubt they are locking you out on purpose, I ran into the same problem with Equifax the other day when I went to view my dispute results a second time. Most likely have me tangled up with my dad (I’m the second - suffix II - so the third party data collectors like LexisNexis almost undoubtedly have us nice and mixed up) and I’ll get around to pulling them some time this year. 

Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Saeren: no, that’s exactly what I’m trying to tell you… The app did not work to freeze it or unfreeze it nor did the website. Both said the service was down and it couldn’t be done at that time. It allowed me to make an account online then I could not lock it online. I downloaded the app and tried that and it would not allow me either.
Yes I’ve done the same thing with Equifax but that was valid because there was some false information and as I said I know what the problem there was but I’ve never had this problem with Experian but I will try to call them I just haven’t had time yet.
I just tried it again it says the free status is unknown because the service is temporarily down. That’s what it says on the app. I made my account I login on my account and that’s what I get! I do recall opting out of the promotional emails and I wonder if that has anything to do with it because I recall reading somewhere that you had to accept those? Please check yours and see if you can even access the status thank you
Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am sorry that you are having so much trouble with it!

9F092B6A-2FD4-429F-878C-99CB15B24FE6.jpeg

It is definitely working for me. 

Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well interesting experience maybe someone can benefit from it. I called TransUnion got referred to the online department who then told me that whenever an account cannot be associated with the file it comes back unavailable and that was caused here because multiple files were associated with either my SS number or name. I then had to call the customer relations department and report the error to have it fixed. After being on hold about 10 or 15 minutes it was fixed and Wala I am now able to freeze and thaw!! Thank you Saeren!
Now I just have to tackle Experian. When I called it authenticated me fine and offered to put a freeze up on my telephone call but I didn’t do that because I want to be able to do it online.
By the way how do I insert a screenshot so I can show you what that error code looked like?
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.