Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for help with EX missing account

tag
dacv01
Regular Contributor

Looking for help with EX missing account

So I have had my auto loan with Chase since June of this year. It has not reported to Experian at all. It exists on TU and EQ, and has reflected all of my payments, balance, ect. However, Experian has been very difficult with getting it added for some reason. I have called Chase credit reporting, and they have sent 4 requests. I called Experian directly 6 times, and they just said once we get the letter we can do it. I was told if I send my account info for the car with total balance, starting balance, payment details, blah blah they would add it. Uploaded that and was told they do not add accounts manually. Just looking for any advice as this is going on 6 months now and id like them to accurately report. 

> 5 Inquiries, AAoC 4 years, AoOA 7 years, 11 months as of September 2021
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Looking for help with EX missing account

The CRAs are not set up to accept disputes online regarding an account that exists but isn't being reported.   It could be that the tradeline is either mistakenly mapped to someone else's profile or this is the start of a split file.

Since Chase has confirmed that they are (correctly) reporting the account, I can think of 2 options:

1) try submitting a formal dispute in writing to Experian regarding the missing tradeline

2) File a CFPB complaint against Experian stating that a) Chase has confirmed they are reporting the tradeline and has sent 4 related requests to Experian to correctly report it, and b) you have unsuccessfully contacted Experian 6 times attempting to get this resolved.

If you have exact dates and if you have copies of correspondence it will help your case, as well as mentioning (if true) that EQ and TU are both correctly reporting the tradeline.

Having a similar issue before with Citibank correctly reporting a tradeline that TU was not reporting I was ultimately successful with option #2.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 2 of 3
dacv01
Regular Contributor

Re: Looking for help with EX missing account

@coldfusion wrote:

The CRAs are not set up to accept disputes online regarding an account that exists but isn't being reported.   It could be that the tradeline is either mistakenly mapped to someone else's profile or this is the start of a split file.

Since Chase has confirmed that they are (correctly) reporting the account, I can think of 2 options:

1) try submitting a formal dispute in writing to Experian regarding the missing tradeline

2) File a CFPB complaint against Experian stating that a) Chase has confirmed they are reporting the tradeline and has sent 4 related requests to Experian to correctly report it, and b) you have unsuccessfully contacted Experian 6 times attempting to get this resolved.

If you have exact dates and if you have copies of correspondence it will help your case, as well as mentioning (if true) that EQ and TU are both correctly reporting the tradeline.

Having a similar issue before with Citibank correctly reporting a tradeline that TU was not reporting I was ultimately successful with option #2.

Awesome, thank you for the advice. I will for sure give this a try after the holiday weekend

> 5 Inquiries, AAoC 4 years, AoOA 7 years, 11 months as of September 2021
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.