Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Luxury Apartment Approval Help

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Luxury Apartment Approval Help

My wife and I are in the process of trying to rent a luxury apartment. In this particular building your income needs to be at least 3 times the rent. We have that no problem. Our only issues are that I had a few late payments on a couple credit cards a little over a year ago. Ever since then payments have been on time. In fact we paid off all of our debts entirely, so we currently have no debt. We also own our condo we live in outright. So our debt to income ratio will look really good. Our credit scores are all over 700 as well. Im nervous about putting an application in because of those late credit card payements. Am I overthinking it, or is that a legitimate concern?

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Luxury Apartment Approval Help

Most likely, you're overthinking it. 

The owners are going to be more concerned with your ability to pay along with no evictions/judgements on your record. I don't see a few lates standing in your way. 

Message 2 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

3x rent is pretty normal

The main disqualifier is eviction or very recent delinquency

Message 3 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your replies. That gives me some reassurance that it'll be alright. I kind of felt like I was overthinking it too. We've worked hard to rid ourselves of debt and it would be so disappointing for us to be turned down because of a few late credit card payments in the past. 

Message 4 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Most likely, you're overthinking it. 

The owners are going to be more concerned with your ability to pay along with no evictions/judgements on your record. I don't see a few lates standing in your way. 

+1 They are really looking for issues with landlords and current deliquency. Welcome to the myFico community and all the best with your new home! Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you!

Message 6 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Also note that it will be a HP for them to check your credit. Some landlords also have access to another reporting system that pulls your tenant history too. Good luck!

Message 7 of 24
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

You will have no issues with 700 scores and POI.

Its an apartment not a Escalade.

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 8 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lol. Thanks. 

Message 9 of 24
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Yep agree you will be fine as long as no eviictions, 3x+ in come and with credit score > 700 you are set.  enjoy new place

Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.