Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MERRICK SAYS EQ REPORTING ISSUE FIXED

tag
Jeffster1
Valued Contributor

MERRICK SAYS EQ REPORTING ISSUE FIXED

Last week, the Exec Offices at EQ emailed me to let me know that the EQ reporting problem was fixed. I confirmed on MyFico that my account is now reporting correctly with a zero balance.  I am hoping that it is fixed for everyone.

I just closed my account. Easy-peasy. Hold time wasn't too bad, and it was closed in under 2 minutes. I told the CSR to feel free to put in the comments, "Thanks for the chance you gave me at the beginning of my rebuild, but it's time to consolidate." I know it means nothing but I think the CSR at least was happy that this wasn't an angry call. 

FICO 8 (3/1/24) EX 805 EQ 824 TU 844
FICO 9 (2/17/24) EX 821 EQ 778TU 850
I practice AZEO - NEVER above 1% utilization across all cards.

Current lineup as of 9/23
American Express Gold | American Express Blue Cash Everyday 11K | American Express Blue Cash Preferred 10K I American Express Marriott Bonvoy Bevy 5K I American Express Hilton Honors Surpass 3K I Bank of America Customized Cash Rewards Visa 20K | Kinecta MyPerks Rewards MC 35K | TD Bank Double Up Visa 4K | USBank Platinum Visa 5K | BMO Harris Cash Back MasterCard 12K | Capital One SavorOne MC 3K | Capital One Walmart MC 2K | NFCU Amex 15K | NFCU CashRewards Visa 15K I Citi Best Buy Visa 10K I Macy’s Amex 4K I Bread Financial American Express 8K l AAA Daily Advantage Visa Signature 6K I Wells Fargo BILT World Elite MC 30K I BCU Cash Rewards Visa 8K I Chevron Techron Advantage Visa 2.5K I JCPenney Mastercard $6K I UCLA Wescom CU Rewards Visa 7K I
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Iusedtolurk
Established Contributor

Re: MERRICK SAYS EQ REPORTING ISSUE FIXED

@Jeffster1 wrote:

Last week, the Exec Offices at EQ emailed me to let me know that the EQ reporting problem was fixed. I confirmed on MyFico that my account is now reporting correctly with a zero balance.  I am hoping that it is fixed for everyone.

I just closed my account. Easy-peasy. Hold time wasn't too bad, and it was closed in under 2 minutes. I told the CSR to feel free to put in the comments, "Thanks for the chance you gave me at the beginning of my rebuild, but it's time to consolidate." I know it means nothing but I think the CSR at least was happy that this wasn't an angry call. 

@Jeffster1  I sure hope they have corrected it I am sick and tired of seeing the same 13 dollar balance that has been sitting on my Equifax report for months when it should be ZERO.

As of today it's still sitting there.

I will know if it's working when they report this month around the 17th.

Good for you though having it corrected.

Message 2 of 7
Jeffster1
Valued Contributor

@Iusedtolurk wrote:

@Jeffster1 wrote:

@Jeffster1  I sure hope they have corrected it I am sick and tired of seeing the same 13 dollar balance that has been sitting on my Equifax report for months when it should be ZERO.

@Iusedtolurk It's so frustrating. A paid-off account sits with a balance forever yet God forbid you miss a payment...

Let us know when they correct it.

American Express Gold | American Express Blue Cash Everyday 11K | American Express Blue Cash Preferred 10K I American Express Marriott Bonvoy Bevy 5K I American Express Hilton Honors Surpass 3K I Bank of America Customized Cash Rewards Visa 20K | Kinecta MyPerks Rewards MC 35K | TD Bank Double Up Visa 4K | USBank Platinum Visa 5K | BMO Harris Cash Back MasterCard 12K | Capital One SavorOne MC 3K | Capital One Walmart MC 2K | NFCU Amex 15K | NFCU CashRewards Visa 15K I Citi Best Buy Visa 10K I Macy’s Amex 4K I Bread Financial American Express 8K l AAA Daily Advantage Visa Signature 6K I Wells Fargo BILT World Elite MC 30K I BCU Cash Rewards Visa 8K I Chevron Techron Advantage Visa 2.5K I JCPenney Mastercard $6K I UCLA Wescom CU Rewards Visa 7K I
Message 3 of 7
Iusedtolurk
Established Contributor

@Jeffster1 wrote:

@Iusedtolurk wrote:

@Jeffster1 wrote:

@Iusedtolurk It's so frustrating. A paid-off account sits with a balance forever yet God forbid you miss a payment...

@Jeffster1  Well I'm here with the NEWS of the month!

Merrick Updated Experian and Transunion so I checked Equifax and....................

merrick-not-reporting.JPG

Still no change and even though I am not making any moves where it affects me at the moment.....

sick-of-it.gif

Message 4 of 7
Jeffster1
Valued Contributor

@Iusedtolurk wrote:

@Jeffster1 wrote:

@Iusedtolurk wrote:

@Jeffster1 wrote:

Merrick Updated Experian and Transunion so I checked Equifax and....................

Still no change and even though I am not making any moves where it affects me at the moment.....

sick-of-it.gif

Darn. I can't believe it. Inexcusable. 

Message 5 of 7
Iusedtolurk
Established Contributor

@Jeffster1 wrote:

@Iusedtolurk wrote:

@Jeffster1 wrote:

@Iusedtolurk wrote:

@Jeffster1 wrote:

sick-of-it.gif

@Jeffster1  Okay here's the update since my last post. I decided I didn't feel like waiting another month and was just slightly aggravated about months and months of the same balance showing so right after I posted my last post I decided to do an dispute (even though I hate disputing with Equifax).

2 days later I get a notification from Credit Karma.....

merrick-updated-10-20-22.JPG

The irony of this is I don't believe it really had any thing to do with the dispute even though Trans and Experian had updated as usual days prior to this because the remarks about the Dispute being started shows "Being Investigated" on the CK site and in my Equifax site.

I guess the Update and the Dispute was like 2 ships passing in the night around the same time.  Now I will have to wait for the Dispute to be closed and remarks dropped (maybe 30 days?).

Oh Well Balance finally shows ZERO after waiting June-July-Aug-Sep-Oct.

finally-rock.gif

*****NOW IF ONLY COMENITY WOULD UPDATE I COULD REST*****

comenity-update.JPG

Message 6 of 7
Jeffster1
Valued Contributor

@Iusedtolurk wrote:

@Jeffster1 wrote:

@Iusedtolurk wrote:

@Jeffster1 wrote:

@Iusedtolurk wrote:

@Jeffster1 wrote:

sick-of-it.gif

@Jeffster1  Okay here's the update since my last post. I decided I didn't feel like waiting another month and was just slightly aggravated about months and months of the same balance showing so right after I posted my last post I decided to do an dispute (even though I hate disputing with Equifax).

2 days later I get a notification from Credit Karma.....

merrick-updated-10-20-22.JPG

The irony of this is I don't believe it really had any thing to do with the dispute even though Trans and Experian had updated as usual days prior to this because the remarks about the Dispute being started shows "Being Investigated" on the CK site and in my Equifax site.

I guess the Update and the Dispute was like 2 ships passing in the night around the same time.  Now I will have to wait for the Dispute to be closed and remarks dropped (maybe 30 days?).

Oh Well Balance finally shows ZERO after waiting June-July-Aug-Sep-Oct.

finally-rock.gif

*****NOW IF ONLY COMENITY WOULD UPDATE I COULD REST*****

comenity-update.JPG

Good for you, @Iusedtolurk. It's really a shame that we had to spend so much time trying to fix their problem. I am glad it's resolved, though. I couldn't close it fast enough after they updated. I really didn't have any other complaints about rhe card, but the non-reporting was so frustrating. 
Thanks for the update! 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.