cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Made two credit mistakes and want to buy a car...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Made two credit mistakes and want to buy a car...

In the past I have not had the best credit and was completely irresponsible, but have since taken charge. I have three credit cards (HSBC, Capital One and Chase) along with a Best Buy card (couldn't pass up the 3 years no interest on a HDTV). I had a Sears card up until January 2007 where I had finally had enough with their crap (they 'accidentally' sent my account that was not past due to collections - oops - computer error - it is not on my credit reports - verified) and closed the account after 13 years. It was basically my only credit card ever. I just opened the other three cards last fall and the Best Buy in January. I then in February maxed two of my cards to pay for my vacation to Yellowstone next week not realizing what it would do to my credit as it will all be paid off at the end of the month. Needless to say I now have little credit and maxed cards and my credit score with Experian is now 618 (lesson learned). I had no idea something was wrong with my credit until I applied for an American Express Blue card to get the travel benefits associated with having it. I had planned to buy a car next month, but my credit union is offering up 18% with that score. I plan to pay off $3000 of debt at the end of this month leaving me with the Best Buy card. How soon will HSBC and Capital One notify the credit reporting agencies that they are now at a zero balance? The score watcher report simulator showed my credit score should raise 638 - 678. How accurate is this simulator? I had no idea that carrying maxed cards for a couple months and shutting down a long held card could drop my score almost a 100 points... Again, lesson learned.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
gringo43
Valued Member

Re: Made two credit mistakes and want to buy a car...

I'd try and get sears to reopen your account ...never hurts to ask.
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Made two credit mistakes and want to buy a car...

HSBC is overdue to report cap1 reports on your statement date.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.