Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maintaining credit lines in the recession

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Maintaining credit lines in the recession

That's a really intersting article about Capital One  you linked there.  Anyone starting out or starting over should read it and thiink about it.  

Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I can't find the article but I read it the other day:

Sub prime lenders actually performed better in recovering from the last recession, due to the fact that their clients are usually always in a state of recession.

They don't have much of a reason to pull in their lines, since their risk levels haven't increased as much, compared to major/prime lenders. Also, those prime lenders give out much higher limits, so in past financial crisis, those higher limits posed much higher risks if defaulted on.

Here's an article about Capital One's sub-prime practices, they make a lot from many borrowers: https://newrepublic.com/article/155212/worked-capital-one-five-years-justified-piling-debt-poor-customers 

Forgot to quote it.

Message 12 of 13
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

I would just pay in full.

But honestly with the limits being on the low end I wouldn't worry too much about them decreasing them.

And this is exactly what a pandemic is 😕

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.