Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Major Debt w/ PayPal Credit PLEASE HELP

tag
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Major Debt w/ PayPal Credit PLEASE HELP

@Anonymous wrote:
I had the situation....you gonna be ok OP they will not report beciase they cant....they dont have your full ssn...i have owed them over a year and yet i see anything on my report.

Bad advice imo. I dont know how it was back in the day, but you usually must include your social when you're applying these days.  Im sure there will be a way it finds ones credit report eventually. 

Message 11 of 13
Gonzozap
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I had the situation....you gonna be ok OP they will not report beciase they cant....they dont have your full ssn...i have owed them over a year and yet i see anything on my report.

Flat out bad, wrong information.  They have the SSN.  And even if a creditor doesn't have it, however unlikely these days, the bureaus will match up the other information and enter the debt onto the consumer's record.  If wrong, the consumer can dispute it.

When someone writes a bad check, that collection could end up on the consumer's credit report - despite the fact that the merchant never had a SSN.  As someone who once worked with credit approvals, I have seen all sorts of collection accounts on credit reports where the collector never had a SSN.

The Paypal LOC does not report to the bureaus if the account is current.  But once delinquent, think of it as any other delinquent account.  No one can tell you precisely what will happen or when, but any delinquency is bad.

Had you posted before the delinquency, I would have shared how to get cash from your Paypal LOC to then use to pay the bill - assuming your issue is temporary.  If you don't already know of course.

Good luck.

Message 12 of 13
UncleB
Credit Mentor

As the OP has never returned to comment this thread is now locked and closed to new messages.

@Anonymous, if you return and would like this thread re-opened please use the 'Report Inappropriate Content' option to notify a moderator.

--UB

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.