Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Major Derog removed from Primary but not me as additional

tag
creditguy321
New Contributor

Major Derog removed from Primary but not me as additional

Hello All,

I was an additional on an account a few years ago that was charged off as major derogatory. Since then, the account has been removed from the primary credit holders report due to fraudulent activity. I've disputed the account already once through Equifax to try and have it removed from my account since not only was it removed on the basis of fraud for the primary but I was never the primary to begin with. Equifax returned my initial dispute and did not remove the charged off account. I'm trying to figure out the best route to go to get the account removed since it's not on the primary account holder's credit but it's still on my mine and adversely affecting my credit. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Current Credit Cards: AMEX Platinum (NPSL) AMEX Green Card (NPSL) AMEX Gold Card (NPSL) American Express Blue Cash Preferred (14.7K) American Express Delta Platinum ($5.1K), Discover Chrome IT ($3.5K), Apple Card ($3.5K),

August My Fico 8: Experian- 694 Transunion- 658 Equifax- 702

Rebuilding since September 2020- Experian 496
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Major Derog removed from Primary but not me as additional

Try disputing in writing so that it will get manually reviewed. If that still doesn't work, file a complaint with the CFPB.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 2 of 4
creditguy321
New Contributor

Update: I submiited a dispute for the third time, but this time I did so over the phone with a live representative. In less time than the previous two disputes (5 as opposed to 10 days) the investigation was completed and the charge off was removed from my Equifax report. Very happy!

Current Credit Cards: AMEX Platinum (NPSL) AMEX Green Card (NPSL) AMEX Gold Card (NPSL) American Express Blue Cash Preferred (14.7K) American Express Delta Platinum ($5.1K), Discover Chrome IT ($3.5K), Apple Card ($3.5K),

August My Fico 8: Experian- 694 Transunion- 658 Equifax- 702

Rebuilding since September 2020- Experian 496
Message 3 of 4
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@creditguy321 wrote:

Update: I submiited a dispute for the third time, but this time I did so over the phone with a live representative. In less time than the previous two disputes (5 as opposed to 10 days) the investigation was completed and the charge off was removed from my Equifax report. Very happy!

Congrats!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.