Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Major issue going on with Equifax!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Major issue going on with Equifax!!!

OK, so I had this problem when my score was way low. I was pre approved for a discover card. They pull EQ... I was denied and the denial letter showed my EQ score was way lower than what CCT and even CK was showing. FF to today. My file is nearly clean. Last update with CCT on DEC 31 had my EQ at 745. Today I tried with Discover. Denied again. They said my score with EQ was 561!!!

Called EQ, rep said Discover uses their own scoring!

I checked CK and it said several accounts were removed from my (see below!)

http://i64.tinypic.com/2j2vthy.png

Called EQ back they are playing dumb and keep saying I need to purchase their monitoring to see what's going on this is complete bull**bleep**!!

The only change thats happen in my EQ is I do have a credit consultant that's challenging a chargeoff. For some reason they added an old address to eq. Before I hired them EQ had my dob as 1921! I'm only 35 **bleep**! is going on I want to scream!!!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Major issue going on with Equifax!!!

Anyone??

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Anyone??

I'd start with purchasing a 3 bureau report here at myfico, and seeing what your real scores are. Discover does use their own vesion, it's never more th an 2=3 points off of my  fico score here.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have cct which also uses fico 8. My score dropped 60 points and no one is telling me why
Message 4 of 5
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

I'm going to interpret challenge as dispute.

Disputes do two unfortunate things:

• They can discount the tradeline from scoring (well I guess this is legit rather than unfortunate but it can impact your score)
  • They update the tradeline's date of last activity

Both of those can be problematic scoring wise, look at a before and after report, your FICO score change is likely tied into how that CO tradeline is being handled.  We tell people not to engage in frivolous disputes, and FWIW I just got bitten on Transunion by a dispute so it's not simply FICO being FICO in this case.

        
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.