cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Major question. . Found out possibly why score increased but do not understand. .

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Major question. . Found out possibly why score increased but do not understand. .

what it means.  I have a charged off account wiht Capital One that is closed but showing as open.  When I checked further with scorewatch it says there has been a change in my capital one account.  The balance I owe has went up about 40 dollars, they are adding fees every month, that is why if the PFD doesn't work soon I will have to pay them. But I did send them a PFD letter about 2 weeks ago, and now it shows that customer disputes.  It is still showing on my report, why would they show that, customer disputes?  I did not dispute only sent PFD.  And they have not even responded to that.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Major question. . Found out possibly why score increased but do not understand. .

It says Consumer disputes this account information.  What?
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Major question. . Found out possibly why score increased but do not understand. .

anybody have any thoughts on this?
Message 3 of 5
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

You will be hardpressed to get a PFD from CAP1. The balance will keep increasing (interest and fees) until you pay.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

those freaks at capone are relentless...i believe they have a policy of "NO" on everything.  surprisingly, i was able to dispute off a capone CO two months early.  i guess they just didnt want to fool with it that late in the game. 

what is odd is that i got a new cc with them last year, while the CO was still on my report, and i didnt even have to do that deal where the old CO balance refinances on the new card. 
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.