Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Marriage

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Marriage

I am about to get married and my score is 639 while my fiance's score is around 700. I have no debt and she has 800,000 debt. (including 750,000 of a 1,200,000 house) will my score affect hers a lot? Can we keep our credit separate? Any great advice I have not thought of? Thanks in advance BB
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Marriage

Only when applying together will your score affect hers.  Mortgage lenders always use the Mid Score of the lower #.

You can always apply separately for things and your credit scores will always be kept separate.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Marriage

IMO all the couples should have 1 checking account for household bills...they sould have their own account for blow money or savings....the only thing in both names are a mortgage!  all CC should only be in 1 name.

You need to think down the road....what if 1 of you become hurt or ill and can not make your payments....only that person would be hurt by credit. The other persons credit would still be good (as long as payments were made)
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.