Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Med collection age off

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Med collection age off

Hey All,

I spoke with TU today and I have a med collection (paid) falling off January 2017. Is this something that typically happens EOM, not beginning? If by Feb I still see it, do I dispute, or how long should I give it? I expect the same from EX. Same collection listed.

I asked about EE, guy said only option is to dispute. I said id wait to see if it falls off first. Thanks!
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
heavyjay
Regular Contributor

Re: Med collection age off

If you dispute it online with TU as "Too old to report" you'll get the courtesy EE. All my TU EE's were done online.

FICO 08:Jan 18, 2017: EX 800 EQ 725 TU 799
FICO 08:Feb 10, 2017: EX 788 EQ 772 TU 791 (post New Year's app spree)
In the garden as of 1/4/2017. Will remain for all of 2017.
Message 2 of 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

A collection has a required exclusion date of no later than 7 years plus 180 days from the DOFD on the OC account.

The CRAs will normally provide an expected exclusion date at approx 7 years from DOFD, even though exclusion is not required until 7 yrs plus 180 days from DOFD.

Thus, lack of exclusion is not disputable as a violation of the FCRA until the full 7 plus 180 has passed.

The CRAs grant a standard early exclusion of approx six months.

The other CRAs are likely to also exclude at 7 years, but are not required to do so.

What is the DOFD?

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks guys. TU rep says DOFD was feb 2010. He told me should be removed Jan 2017. He didn't give me any answer on EE except that I could do a dispute if I wanted.
Message 4 of 7
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Lets all remember that advocating a dispute for EE is not inline with our TOS. The only time one would want to use the too old to report is if the account is past 7.5 yrs from the DoFD. EE should only be requested via phone or mail.

Message 5 of 7
heavyjay
Regular Contributor

Why are we getting all hung up on semantics? TU will insist on calling it a dispute regardless of how you request it. The bottom line is they are extending a courtesy regardless of how they categorize it. We all know and acknowledge that.

FICO 08:Jan 18, 2017: EX 800 EQ 725 TU 799
FICO 08:Feb 10, 2017: EX 788 EQ 772 TU 791 (post New Year's app spree)
In the garden as of 1/4/2017. Will remain for all of 2017.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@heavyjay wrote:

Why are we getting all hung up on semantics? TU will insist on calling it a dispute regardless of how you request it. The bottom line is they are extending a courtesy regardless of how they categorize it. We all know and acknowledge that.

We all know and acknowledge different things. But the rules are the rules. I think the moderator was just reminding people of the TOS policies.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.