Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Memories *sniff*

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Memories *sniff*

TexMontana wrote:
Know what got me all blazing guns on the FICO thing?
I lost 50 pounds in 6 months. No diet - just quit drinking DrPepper. And I'm from Texas where mamas fill their babies bottles with DrPepper.
What does that have to do with this, you may ask - well, sometimes when we achieve something that we had pretty much decided was impossible - then we see that maybe something else that seemed impossible is possible.
Like I said in the OP - I'm not where I wanna be - yet. Nope. Not even close. But I am closer - and getting closer week by week.
I always feel JOY! when one of you posts something good that you've achieved! It reinforces the possibilites for ALL OF US! *solitary tear*

TexMontana........congrats for sticking to your guns and achieving goals you thought were out of reach!!! So happy for you....Smiley Happy
Message 11 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Everyone here has hit the nail on the head.

We get ourselves in this kind of mess, we have no where to turn, we can't talk to anyone about it because we are so ashamed to let someone know some of the things we have done, to get to where we are, or were.

On here, we can be ourselves, we don't have to lie about anything, because most of us are in the same boat. There is nothing on here that is as shocking, or embarrassing as we originally thought, because many have done the same thing and we thought we were the only one that could do something so stupid.

It's great to be able to let the cat out of the bag, and not worry what someone else on here will say, or how they will judge us.
Message 12 of 38
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

This board is a 12 step prgram and support group all rolled into one  Smiley Very Happy
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 13 of 38
MercyMe
Frequent Contributor

I say MyFico throw us an all expense paid picnic so that we can all meet!  What do you think?
Message 14 of 38
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

MercyMe wrote:
I say MyFico throw us an all expense paid picnic so that we can all meet!  What do you think?

Have you ever been to Minnesota?  Smiley Very Happy
Message 15 of 38
fused
Moderator Emeritus

MidnightVoice wrote:

MercyMe wrote:

Just make sure it's in the SUMMER!
Message 16 of 38
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

fused111 wrote:

MidnightVoice wrote:

MercyMe wrote:

Just make sure it's in the SUMMER!

Yes, the day of summer there is unpredictableSmiley Very Happy
Message 17 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Man, I had a flashback to when I was so desperate to get a credit card and I kept saying, "Why can't I get a card?  I got a job and no other debt?"   If I knew what I know now back then I probably would have learned to save money better and budget.  However, I am very excited about this forum, my DH is starting to ask questions as to why I spend so much time on the forum?  I tell him that the people are so real and many of us have been through similar things and our experiences really help each other to grow, to become more responsible with credit, to vent, to type with tears running down our faces and know that someone else is probably crying to because of my mess, but that they really care.  Thanks for all your responses to my posts, don't have a lot of friends, but you all have become some for me.  

Much Love

Eve
Message 18 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

myhearts07 wrote:
Man, I had a flashback to when I was so desperate to get a credit card and I kept saying, "Why can't I get a card?  I got a job and no other debt?"   If I knew what I know now back then I probably would have learned to save money better and budget.  However, I am very excited about this forum, my DH is starting to ask questions as to why I spend so much time on the forum?  I tell him that the people are so real and many of us have been through similar things and our experiences really help each other to grow, to become more responsible with credit, to vent, to type with tears running down our faces and know that someone else is probably crying to because of my mess, but that they really care.  Thanks for all your responses to my posts, don't have a lot of friends, but you all have become some for me.  

Much Love

Eve

AAAWWWWW....myhearts07.......your post gave me chills. Hopefully real soon we will be sharing tears of joy because we have truely succeeded with all of our hard efforts. I'm also proud to call you guys my friends.....because true friends do not judge, and that is definently not an issue here!!Smiley Happy

On the other hand, my DB (dear boyfriend/fiance) swears I've met a lover on here because this forum consumes any down time I may have!!! Smiley Very Happy
Message 19 of 38
MercyMe
Frequent Contributor

Are you kidding?    My father's from Walker ... as in Minnesota.  Not much doin' in Walker, which is quite possibly why he yet refers to himself as the "Dogtown Hobo"and relocated to Florida.  Smiley Very Happy
Message 20 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.