Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Midland making soft inquiries after dismissed case

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Midland making soft inquiries after dismissed case

Hi all, I have a question about Midland making soft inquiries on my credit report. They sued me last year over an old debt. I hired an attorney with a good track record on having these types of cases dismissed, and it was dismissed with prejudice so they can't sue me over it again. However, i checked my credit reports recently and on TU, Midland has made 4 soft inquiries after that case was closed. Are they allowed to do this? Thanks for any replies!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
ldkcivilservant
Frequent Contributor

Re: Midland making soft inquiries after dismissed case

They can and they will. Just because the debt is past SOL doesn't mean you don't owe the money, it just means they can't sue you to recover it.

You haven't got rid of them I'm afraid. If they see that your financies improve they will start sending you letters again. You can throw them straight in the trash if you want.

NFCU Platinum $50k | Amex Delta Platinum $25k | Elan Financial $19.7k | Chase Freedom Unlimited $16k | Bank Americard $16k | Discover IT $13K | NFCU Flagship Rewards $10k | GS AppleCard $5.5k | Citi Simplicity $3k
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Midland making soft inquiries after dismissed case

Thanks for the explanation!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.