Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mills Fleet Farm/Synchrony credit card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mills Fleet Farm/Synchrony credit card

Hello! Is anyone familiar with this card? Asking for a friend: if the min payment was due on the 25th, but it will be getting paid today (the 27th), is this person going to get a hit with a 30 day late - or would their report only get dinged if they were LITERALLY 30 days late? I'm pretty sure this is a Synchrony card, for what it's worth. Please help! Thanks. 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Mills Fleet Farm/Synchrony credit card

OMG i just checked my calendar and it is, in fact, the 26th today - NOT 27th! My question still stands, tho. Are they going to potentially get hit with a 30 day late?

Message 2 of 8
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

AFAIK this one is still with SYNCB.

As far as the late payment, so are we technically saying your friend is only 1 day late from the due date or did your friend missed last month's payment?
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Technically 1 day late. This month's payment was due yesterday - he is not able to pay it until this evening. Are things like this automatically considered "30 days late"? We're set to close on a house in about 5 weeks, and if he gets dinged with a 30 day late right now, we're pretty much screwed!

Message 4 of 8
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Your friend should be fine as far as the 30-day reporting, hence the comment about being 1 day late (i.e. current statement cycle) vs. an entire 2 cycles without payment.

So, the late would only be recorded internally and about the only downside would be accruing a late fee and possibly restricting CLIs for a while. Definitely have your friend take care of the payment as soon as practical.

If there were extenuating circumstances that caused the late payment and if this the only instance, your friend can call SYNCB and politely explain the situation to see whether they can reverse the late fee as a one-time courtesy.
Message 5 of 8
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Technically 1 day late. This month's payment was due yesterday - he is not able to pay it until this evening. Are things like this automatically considered "30 days late"? We're set to close on a house in about 5 weeks, and if he gets dinged with a 30 day late right now, we're pretty much screwed!

It wont be reported as a 30 day late but that does not mean that Synch wont notice. 

If it happens again, they will certainly notice. 

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

What a relief, thank you guys. As far as I know, his payment history has been great for all of his accounts for the past several yrs - besides 1 30 day on a Cap One card about a year ago, and 1 30 day late on his Kohl's card from 6 months ago (which he somehow got deleted). I'll have him pay this Sync card asap this evening. Thanks again!

Message 7 of 8
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Anytime OP.

Although a variety of methods may work for different individuals, maybe you can suggest the auto-pay feature (where available) so that it can mitigate any potential late payments on your friend's accounts. Kind of a safety net if anything.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.