Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing INQs from an auto credit report pull by CreditKarma

tag
CreditDunce
Valued Contributor

Missing INQs from an auto credit report pull by CreditKarma

Over the weekend, my Barclay's CC had its 6 month anniversary.   To celebrate I app'd for the Arrival+ on Monday.  Tuesday CreditKarma notified me of a HP on TU.  When I pulled up CK this evening it auto updated (it wasn't supposed to update until Friday).  A nice surprise.   I assume it is related the the credit alert, but I haven't seen this previously.  I wonder if it will be enough to update my Barclay's TU score?

I was expecting to see 3 INQs. Two from 6 months ago and 1 from yesterday.   But was very surprised to only see the HP from yesterday.  I am going to assume this is a fluke that will be corrected the next time CK updates.  The only monitoring of TU I have is Barclay and Discover for scores and CK for the report.  I don't think that would be enough SPs to bump the HP's in 6 months.   Besides, I am sure TU and EQ have fixed that issue by now.

Has anyone else seen transient issues with the credit reports CK pulls?  My reports have been very clean (apart from a few silly things when the beta first went live).   Everything else looks correct.  It would be nice if TU forgot about the other two HPs.  I am not counting on it yet.  I guess I will know more next Tuesday when CK says it will next update my CR.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Re: Missing INQs from an auto credit report pull by CreditKarma

@CreditDunce wrote:

Over the weekend, my Barclay's CC had its 6 month anniversary.   To celebrate I app'd for the Arrival+ on Monday.  Tuesday CreditKarma notified me of a HP on TU.  When I pulled up CK this evening it auto updated (it wasn't supposed to update until Friday).  A nice surprise.   I assume it is related the the credit alert, but I haven't seen this previously.  I wonder if it will be enough to update my Barclay's TU score?

I was expecting to see 3 INQs. Two from 6 months ago and 1 from yesterday.   But was very surprised to only see the HP from yesterday.  I am going to assume this is a fluke that will be corrected the next time CK updates.  The only monitoring of TU I have is Barclay and Discover for scores and CK for the report.  I don't think that would be enough SPs to bump the HP's in 6 months.   Besides, I am sure TU and EQ have fixed that issue by now.

Has anyone else seen transient issues with the credit reports CK pulls?  My reports have been very clean (apart from a few silly things when the beta first went live).   Everything else looks correct.  It would be nice if TU forgot about the other two HPs.  I am not counting on it yet.  I guess I will know more next Tuesday when CK says it will next update my CR.

If it has been a year since your last time, you can pull transunion for free at annualcreditreport.com and see if the inqs are on your report. If they're not showing on CK, then chances are they are not there though. 

Message 2 of 5
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@CreditDunce wrote:

I assume it is related the the credit alert, but I haven't seen this previously.  I wonder if it will be enough to update my Barclay's TU score?

If it's on your TU report it should be factored into that score.

@CreditDunce wrote:

But was very surprised to only see the HP from yesterday.  I am going to assume this is a fluke that will be corrected the next time CK updates.

You can always pull your TU report to verify.

Message 3 of 5
CreditDunce
Valued Contributor

Everyone, thanks for the replies.  With the TU score provided by Barclay, it only updates when it detects a major change on your credit report or every 10 weeks.  They just updated my score about a week ago.   Adding a new account should be enough to cause the score to update, but we will have to see.

I would love to be able to "legally" pull my official TU CR.  However, I have to wait until spring.

The INQs aren't that important.  I am almost at the end of the accounts I want to add.    And TU isn't what the remaining CCC's want to pull.  Still it is nice only seeing one INQ on at least one CR.

Thanks.

Message 4 of 5
CreditDunce
Valued Contributor

Quick update.  CK pulled my credit report again yesterday.   I still have a couple of missing INQs. The new TL is still not showing on TU.  It was on EX the day after I app'd.   At this point, I believe the issue is with TU.  I am tempted to try the backdoor, but I haven't been denied for anything based on a TU score.

I did find an old thread about TU INQs disappearing and coming back.  I can't believe TU still has the same issue, but I am not counting on the INQs to stay gone either.   It is more a curiosity for me.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Understanding-FICO-Scoring/TU-DROPPED-INQS-EARLY/td-p/507327/highlig...

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.