cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monthly Fee for ACCURATE Fico Scores: Worth it?

tag
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: Monthly Fee for ACCURATE Fico Scores: Worth it?

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi all!  I am relatively new to these forums and had a general question. 

I have become quite obsessed with growing my scores, and well the ones I get from CK I know aren't 'right'.  I also get a score monthly from a couple of cards, but again they seem to be 'off' and I get frustrated with having to wait month to month.

Early October I paid the $1 for the 7 day to get all 3 scores and liked what I saw.  Of course I cancelled so as not to pay the $30 a month.  My question is do most people actually pay the monthly fee?  And is it worth it to do so?

TIA.

To me it's worth it.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 11 of 13
CYBERSAM
Senior Contributor

When you are rebuilding and dealing with creditors and collections, sending GW letters and disputing incorrect information on your reports... I'll say its worth it.

Once you're done or not going to have much movements on your credit report than you can just wait for free scores from your CCs. For example I started with score of 505 couple of years ago with close to 20 collection and such! My CR was changing every month. In the past few months my score has changed only few points so I don't mind waiting for CCs to show me the scores!

Message 12 of 13
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi all!  I am relatively new to these forums and had a general question. 

I have become quite obsessed with growing my scores, and well the ones I get from CK I know aren't 'right'.  I also get a score monthly from a couple of cards, but again they seem to be 'off' and I get frustrated with having to wait month to month.

Early October I paid the $1 for the 7 day to get all 3 scores and liked what I saw.  Of course I cancelled so as not to pay the $30 a month.  My question is do most people actually pay the monthly fee? 

I do

And is it worth it to do so?

To me it is. I think of it as an inexpensive hobby that throws off some practical benefits.

TIA.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.