cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monumental CCT $1 trial improvement!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Monumental CCT $1 trial improvement!

@Anonymous wrote:

I have not been able to do anything, not even log in since all this change started. I am really aggravated. Even when I call I get a recorded message that they have sent me an email message to change my password, but guess what? Right, no email anywhere. So they know me, just don't want to communicate with me, I guess. lol 

Have you tried starting a new trial without signing in first?  It should take you to the screen above that I posted a pic of and you can sign up / start your trial there.

Message 11 of 121
Anonymous
Not applicable

Medic, it appears calyx addressed the issue you are experiencing back in Post 6.  Hopefully you can get around that.

Message 12 of 121
arkane
Established Contributor

Yep can confirm BBS's findings here.

Only thing is I totally forgot to check whether I had "additional FICO scores" available when I just signed up for the $1 Experian CreditWorks Premium trial, but regardless, by signing up for a new trial without logging in first, the system deletes your old username and merges it with your new one, then asks you login with your new username. Upon signing in with my new username, I can see all the archived reports are still there. If I try to force the system to retrieve my old username by clicking "forgot password" and entering my old username, the system greets me with a "We were unable to find any accounts that matched the username you provided. If you don't know your username, click on "I don't know" below." error. I can also confirm my membership ID remained the same, so the system isn't just creating another duplicate account.

So I'm starting to think worst case scenario, we might be able to do keep doing the $1 trial simply by NOT logging in first, and signing up for a "new" old account each time. Will keep you guys posted...

P.S. Seems like the 10 day period still applies here, since my next billing date is listed as Dec 29.

Active:

Closed:

6/8/20:

Message 13 of 121
CJ7
Frequent Contributor

From what I can tell, you can no longer get a 2nd report 7 days later before cancelling

on day 9, it indicates it will cycle in 30 days.

The good news is I was able to cancel online immediately without the hassle of calling,

and I got an email that indicated that I had cancelled my membership and would not be

billed further.

Message 14 of 121
Anonymous
Not applicable

Once my current trial ends, I will attempt another $1 trial to see if we can still do multiples. 

I'm also curious if a 3B refresh will become available toward the end of the trial or not.  We will all have to see.  I'm digging the extra scores though... to me that's the best news of the day.

Message 15 of 121
arkane
Established Contributor

I agree, I'll take a FICO 2 over a free refresh any day.

Active:

Closed:

6/8/20:

Message 16 of 121
Anonymous
Not applicable

@arkane wrote:

I agree, I'll take a FICO 2 over a free refresh any day.

Absolutely.  I get my TU FICO 4 score for free from my mortgage lender, so with this score I've got 2/3 bureaus covered as far as mortgage scores.

Off topic here to the thread title, but relevant to the score provided, I found something interesting.   8 out of 9 of the scores provided for me come with no negative reason statements to display.  The lone score that does is the EX FICO Bankcard Score 2, where it gives me 3 negative reason statements against my 847 score.  I wonder why that is.

One thing I don't particularly care for the wording on is where it says,

"What's harming your score?

You have no negative factors impacting your Score."

This statement above should read "no negative factors to display" or something similar.  Unless one possesses perfect scores, there are negative factors present that are preventing perfect scores from behing achieved.  I take no issue with any CMS like this having a cutoff score where negative reason statements aren't provided at or above that score, but it shouldn't be suggested that the reason there aren't any negative reason statements is because nothing adverse is impacting that score/profile. 

Message 17 of 121
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

as I said months ago, cct is a toy compared to ex$1.  just the sort of accounts alone is a huge upgrade.  one cannot pull another @ the backend of the trial and one cannot recycle the same username.  if you cancel you can do another on the spot.  its a very good thing

Message 18 of 121
Anonymous
Not applicable

So you believe that multiple $1 trials can be done, just that a different user name needs to be used each time?
Message 19 of 121
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
So you believe that multiple $1 trials can be done, just that a different user name needs to be used each time?

not believe.  fact.  you can do a trial, end it and do another trial with a different username in 1 minute.  I just use `username01, 02, etc.  takes me ~90 seconds to pull a trial.  the sorting is insanely great for looking at utilization, when inqs fall off, etc.  dont miss cct one bit

Message 20 of 121
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.