Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mortgage Loan Not Appearing on Credit Report

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mortgage Loan Not Appearing on Credit Report

Would it be to our benefit (wife & I) to have our mortgage show on our credit report?  For some reason it dropped off after we filed Chapter 7 in 2013.  That was finalized in 2013.  We have paid all bills on time and in full since.  The loan is from prior to the Chapter 7.  We reaffirmed the debt for the house which was never late and always up to date.  The mortgage balance is approximately 140K and the value of the house is several times the mortgage balance.  The mortgage payment is fairly modest (for Calif.) at $1300.  We both have scores around 680-750 depending upon the credit reporting agency.  The loan itself is at least 10 years old but possibly longer, I can not remember exactly when we refinanced.  Would this help our credit score to have it show up?  How would I get it to show up on our credit reports?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

Re: Mortgage Loan Not Appearing on Credit Report

Sure it would help your credit score for it to report, large payment, never late, and since you opened the mortgage prior to your 2013 Ch.7 it would be an older account, helping your average age of accounts which helps your score.

Are you sure you reaffirmed it? That would be a document signed by you, your attorney, the BK court, and the lender. If so then dig it out of your paperwork and read through it and see if the lender promises to report the loan. The lender doesn't have to report, and many won't report it even if reaffirmed. The final thing to do is call the lender and see if you can get them to report it.

Message 2 of 4
Howaboutthat
Frequent Contributor

Same here, haven’t missed a mortgage payment in at least 18 yrs. Mortgage doesn’t report and was not re-affirmed. 

Message 3 of 4
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@Howaboutthat wrote:

Same here, haven’t missed a mortgage payment in at least 18 yrs. Mortgage doesn’t report and was not re-affirmed. 

Well, if you didn't re-affirm it can't report to the credit bureaus because there is nothing to report. Credit reports only report credit, debt, and payments and since you didn't re-affirm to the debt was discharged so the lender has no credit or debt to report.

I'm in the same boat, I didn't reaffirm my mortgage in my 2010 BK7 so no reporting. Never late before, during or since BK, but no one knows that except the lender and me.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.