Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mortgauge Foreclosure Elapsed Time

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mortgauge Foreclosure Elapsed Time

Approximately, how long would it take from 1st. missed mortgauge pmt., to a final foreclosure. ( How long before one is evicted from the premises) Thanks.

Mod: Maybe i should of posted in mortgauge section of board? If so please forgive, and move for me!

Message Edited by Flatbroke_Again on 09-24-2008 04:37 PM
Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Mortgauge Foreclosure Elapsed Time

lots of varibles -(where the house is, if the bank can recover $ from it)

Jingle mail has gotten lots of press over the last 18 months or so-

3 to 12 to 24 months to get forced out-
In a few states they have been charging people with crimes for doing it that way.

So a year+ worth of lates, foreclosure on the TL, a Public record for the FC and criminal charges- does not sound good to me.   
Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

lots of varibles -(where the house is, if the bank can recover $ from it)

Jingle mail has gotten lots of press over the last 18 months or so-

3 to 12 to 24 months to get forced out-
In a few states they have been charging people with crimes for doing it that way.

So a year+ worth of lates, foreclosure on the TL, a Public record for the FC and criminal charges- does not sound good to me.   
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you  Timothy. Bad times emmotionally, wife may only live 4-6 months? Poor diagnosis. prognosis next week. I thought about just throwing the key on the table and walking away! I certainly dont want to stay here anymore. I have trouble caring about anything right now. thank you.
Message 3 of 7
cadavis0609
Frequent Contributor

I'm sorry to hear about your wife. Thats a terrible thing to go through. I know it seems like it would be so easy to walk away and its hard to hear but at this time in your life, you may need your credit now more than ever. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your wife.
Sept 07 EQ 419

April 2012 EQ- 669 EXP- 680 TU-700= Proud New Homeowner!
Message 4 of 7
athensguy
Valued Contributor

Smiley Sad

You might want to consider looking to see if there are any charitable organizations in your area that would be willing to help you with housing during this time of sadness.
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Appreciate all kindness. i am ok with paying the mortgauge, and bills and such. I have been reading the boards, and doing some improvements, with GREAT advice, from everyone. Now THIS catastrohpe hit, and i just thought if i just gave up how long would i have to GET OUT of this house.I know importance of paying my owed bills etc. Issue is, im not caring too much anymore, and will feel real uncomfortable in this home alone. I think ill just pack my stuff and go, when the time comes, and leave the key on the table.  Never intended to be so personal on this thread, im sorry ill keep it all bussiness from now on. Thanks.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

First off, Flat, I am so very, very, very sorry about what you're going through (and obviously, what your dear wife is going through). For whatever it's worth, you and yours will be in my prayers and thoughts. I really hope that if you can (because I know it's got to be so very emotionally and physically taxing), you'll keep us updated and feel free to lean on us when you can.

Second of all, like it or not, this is a family atmosphere. The operative word being "family." We've all been through so many personal ups and downs, that your thread fits right in.

And FWIW, we ARE a family. And since I'm sure you've vented at least somewhat with your RL family, you can feel free to vent here. Remember: this is your FICO family. Again, the operative word being "family."

And, you feel more than free to PM me whenever you like. I can't change your circumstances but I can listen when you need to talk.

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS!!!}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.