Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Cap One cards suddenly don't want to report

tag
CashBackQueen
Frequent Contributor

My Cap One cards suddenly don't want to report

My statements cut on the 13th and are usually reported within a few days. This month, however, when I pay my balances down from over 90% to less than 10% on two cards with them, they still have not reported. I called them two days ago and they said they sent the info to the CBs between the 16th and the 17th. My Discover doesn't even cut til the 23rd and they already reported a week ago! Once Capital One finally does report, I'm going for a Navy card and using Cap One for Netflix just to keep it active. Rediculous.
BK7 DC 1/2/18 • Progress as of 5/10/22:

TCL: $89,350 • If it ain't got rewards, I don't want it Smiley Wink
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Rebuild2019
Valued Contributor

Re: My Cap One cards suddenly don't want to report

My CAP1 did the same thing, but finally updated everywhere except TU. TU just updated CAP1 two days ago for September. Now TU is not showing an update for DISCO 🙄

EX shows an update almost immediately on all my accounts. If it’s something that will cost you points (Like A Hard Pull) TU updates quick on that. Frustrating if you are hoping to get a bump in points.

CARDS: Discover It | Kohl’s | Truist Spectrum Cash Rewards | Truist Bright | CITI Custom Cash | Chase Freedom Flex | Chase Amazon Prime Visa | VACU Cash Rewards Mastercard | Sam’s Club Mastercard | PenFed Gold Visa | NFCU CashRewards | NFCU More Rewards | NFCU Platinum Visa | AMEX BCE | Verizon Visa | Wells Fargo Active Cash | Amazon Prime | NFCU Auto Loan
Starting Scores 05/2019: EQ:519, EX:525, TU:574

CLOSED : Capital One Quicksilver One | OpenSky |
Message 2 of 15
Trudy
Valued Contributor

Re: My Cap One cards suddenly don't want to report

Cap1 has been a bit off since they had or better yet reported that breach.  Your statement cut date (which I assume due date 3-4 days prior) did not fall into the change they made with due dates between the 21st - 27th I believe.  Mine's did and ever since my accts have been reporting oddly, definitely later than before.  A friend who's due date was not impacted like mine also had problems with reporting being consistent since that occurred.  Actually I was immediately impacted but he mentioned the problem as new a month or so ago.

FICO - 8: 05/05/23
Message 3 of 15
Andypanda
Established Contributor

Cap 1 did not update this month

My cap 1 QS acount closes on the 13 of the month. As of this morning it still has not updated. Has anyone else had this prroblem?

Message 4 of 15
aesl1982
Regular Contributor

Re: Cap 1 did not update this month

@Andypanda wrote:

My cap 1 QS acount closes on the 13 of the month. As of this morning it still has not updated. Has anyone else had this prroblem?

my statement cuts on the 10th, and its updated on tu and eq, but not ex. 

Discover it miles 9/19 Sl 5000 | Care Credit 9/19 SL 3500 | Cap 1 QS 4/14 AU 500 | Cap 1 QS1 4/14 AU 600 | NFCU Secured 8/19 200 | NFCU CLOC 9/19 500 | NFCU auto 10/19 6.29 66k | NFCU Auto 4.9% 37k
Experian- 702
Equifax- 676
Transunion- 611
Util- 9%
Message 5 of 15
Trudy
Valued Contributor

Not an answer but a little more discussion regarding this.

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/General-Credit-Topics/My-Cap-One-cards-suddenly-don-t-want-to-repor...

Message 6 of 15
Andypanda
Established Contributor

My cap1 reported on Experian today according to cct. I'll wait to see about eq and tu.

Message 7 of 15
Trudy
Valued Contributor

Capital one was an absolute for me.  4 cards with the same due date.  Had a due date of the 24th before the breach, closed on the 27th and reported to EX on the 29th, always. MyFico alerts could hit whenever, but I have an EX subscription and know when it hits.  Since the "change" not sure about the close date although it appears to be to be 4 to 5 days instead of 3 days since my new due date and the breach which is now the 20th.  Been 2-3 mths since the change.  EX has always been the first to hit my CR.  TU is always the latest, sometimes no alert on MyFico and EQ somewhere in between but not consistent.  I use CK to determine when my accts report for TU and EQ, not MyFico alerts since they are not timely.  Actually many other V3 options to know when TU report before I pull my 3B monthly report, but still is later than EX and EQ.

Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

This happend to me back in July with Cap1. Still to this day my credit reports show "no data" for that month from Cap1.

Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Same here.

My Cap1 cuts on the 19th & usually reports 2 days later. This is the first time ever (except for a TU delay only a few months ago) I've not seen a quick update. Ironically, I too paid it down (to zero but did get hit with an Interest charge). I'm anxiously awaiting this to hit all three, as it will cross a few thresholds -- from 48% to < 8% and bring agg. util from 28% to 7%

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.