Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Cap One cards suddenly don't want to report

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cap 1 did not update this month

I have an EX subscription & Cap1 updated there today, but nowhere else (myfico, creditkarma, or the credit score services offered by Disco & Cap1 itself). Wierd, I get tons of spam from EX but did not get an alert. Just happened to log in and check again & saw the score increase & balance decrease by my cap1 payment.

Maybe the rest will flow through shortly, as it seems they have done something to report to the CRB's.

Message 11 of 15
Trudy
Valued Contributor

Cap1 reported for me today too.  Due date 20th, close date 23rd.  Looks like they've gone from 4 days after due date to close date, to 3 days, which works for me.  But I've never gotten a MyFico alert at the same time I see my updates from my EX subscription.  I think it is well known that MyFico is slow to update and there are only certain things that trigger an update with MyFico, and the EX site too.  None of my Cap1 had a reported balance from prior month or this month so there was no change. 

I had a score change with EX on 10/21 but it has not updated on MyFico yet.  Not surprised.  But MyFico alerts are not sent for every change.  When a card that had a balance last month reports the change, MyFico will likely show the score change because that is a trigger.  This is how some people get confused with alerts.  If I didn't know better when the alert finally comes through I'd think that change in balance had something to do with my score change but it is clear it does not.  I've seen this numerous times.

For CK, I usually see updates reported here for EQ and TU sooner than MyFico, even if its an additional 7 days.  But TU and EQ has always updated much later than EX for my accounts no matter the credit monitoring service.  TU lags the most.

Since I basically check EX each morning I noticed EX's alerts come late, well after I've already found changes from my review.  

FICO - 8: 05/05/23
Message 12 of 15
torebuild2014
Regular Contributor

Add me to the list of reporting issues with Cap 1. My statement date for one of my cards with them is the 15th. CCT finally showed a $0 balance report yesterday, but nothing for EQ or TU. I also have alerts directly with Myfico, and Equifax as well as transactions that I track through Credit Karma and as of today, 10/26... nothing. I am glad to see that it is not just me.

Message 13 of 15
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Closed 14th. Arrived on EQ this am on CK reported 26th. No TU/EX.

Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Finally, all 3 are in.

myFico seems a day behind on EX, not sure about the other two as I don't have monitoring for them. EQ reported 10/29, TU yesterday. Normally all 3 update with 3 days of statement cut. Seems about 10 days behind this month. Let's see what Discover does next week. Usually they are pretty quick as well.

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.