cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Equifax is gone? Completely Scrubbed!?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

My Equifax is gone? Completely Scrubbed!?

I monitor my credit pretty heavily as I have been investing my time this past year into rebuilding my credit.  I've done one heck of a job and successfully brought my scores up over 100 into the upper 600's to low 700's depending on my balances at statement cut.  Last winter I noticed that my Equifax score stopped updating.  I thought it was odd.  Credit Karma stopped updating that score, My fico stopped, and I have access through a couple of credit cards that offer credit scores too, it just stopped updating.  So finally after 4-5 months of me wondering why in the heck this was happing I decided tonight to dig in deeper.  I logged into "my Equifax" account and it appears my equifax account has been completely scrubbed and is gone.  NO score, no credit inquires, no hard pulls, nothing.  and I am a 37 year old with plenty of credit history.  Here are screen shots to show you what I am seeing;

Screen Shot 2020-03-26 at 11.16.09 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-03-26 at 11.23.10 PM.png

As you can see there is absolutely no data. Has anyone seen this before?

5 REPLIES 5
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: My Equifax is gone? Completely Scrubbed!?

1. Someone has enrolled you in the witness protection program. Smiley Wink

or

2. Contact Equifax and your lenders to ensure they have your accurate information; e.g. complete name, DoB, SSN, etc.

Message 2 of 6
seattletravels
Valued Contributor

Split file, maybe?

Last App: BECU 02-26-2020
Pronouns: He/Him/His
Message 3 of 6
Iusedtolurk
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I monitor my credit pretty heavily as I have been investing my time this past year into rebuilding my credit.  I've done one heck of a job and successfully brought my scores up over 100 into the upper 600's to low 700's depending on my balances at statement cut.  Last winter I noticed that my Equifax score stopped updating.  I thought it was odd.  Credit Karma stopped updating that score, My fico stopped, and I have access through a couple of credit cards that offer credit scores too, it just stopped updating.  So finally after 4-5 months of me wondering why in the heck this was happing I decided tonight to dig in deeper.  I logged into "my Equifax" account and it appears my equifax account has been completely scrubbed and is gone.  NO score, no credit inquires, no hard pulls, nothing.  and I am a 37 year old with plenty of credit history.  

As you can see there is absolutely no data. Has anyone seen this before?

At first I was thinking this was some glitch that after you log out and log back in it would probably correct itself but as I kept reading and saw it was widespread everywhere and for some time it was kind of a horrible situation being revealed.

Haven't heard of this happening for a length of time such as yours, short term glitches yes but not for months.

I saw where a couple of people ended up having split files and this was the reason for reports going haywire or missing.

Best bet is to check your other reports and make sure they are ok and then get with Equifax on the phone and have them find out what is going on.

I believe a couple of members due to excessive pulls caused by having many credit monitoring services trigger some similar situations of this kind.

Only someone at Equifax can get to the bottom of this for you.

Good luck

Message 4 of 6
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

You got a split file.   Contact EQ dispute and let them know and good luck as they arent a joy to deal with and say they are able to see it, get a supervisor on the phone right off to save yourself alot of time and mention you have a split filie they "should" know what you are talking about..  Very common wtih EQ.

Message 5 of 6
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

You got a split file.   Contact EQ dispute and let them know and good luck as they arent a joy to deal with and say they are able to see it, get a supervisor on the phone right off to save yourself alot of time and mention you have a split filie they "should" know what you are talking about..  Very common wtih EQ.

Make sure to reinforce that its YOUR file that is split, not Equifax lol, sometimes putting it in baby terms helpsSmiley Wink

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.