cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Fico 3 credit bureau monitoring does it work?

tag
JLK93
Established Contributor

Re: My Fico 3 credit bureau monitoring does it work?

The problem might not be with the software for the 3B monitoring product.

There might be some sort of a disconnect with myfico transferring the registration information to TU and EX.

We sign up for the product with myfico.

If they don't transfer that information to EX and TU, there will be no alerts.

Exactly the situation some of us are experiencing.

However, myfico seems to have absolutely no interest in determining the cause of the problem.

This makes a solution impossible.

Worst customer service I have ever heard of.

Message 81 of 159
JLK93
Established Contributor

I have made 2 unsuccessful online attempts at getting customer service to address the problems with my nonextistant alerts on EX and TU.

I have had the 3B monitoring since Aug 22.

So, today I called customer service.

The CSR said that the reason I may not be receiving EX and TU alerts is that there can be a 30 to 45 day delay in receiving alerts from EX and TU.

She said there can be delay in the recalculation and retransmission of the alerts due to the registration process.

I don't know whether to believe this or not.

Apparently, I'll have to wait 45 days before I'll know whether I'm going to receive alerts or if there is another problem.

Message 82 of 159
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 83 of 159
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I finally just got an alert from ex. Should be a lot more from all 3 bureaus but, I'll take it. 

Message 84 of 159
taxi818
Super Contributor

Yes I got alert too. 5 pt increase. In shock. 688 experian. I need to borrow 12 PTA from someone. Smiley Sad
Message 85 of 159
Involver
Valued Contributor

@oilcan12 wrote:

I have made 2 unsuccessful online attempts at getting customer service to address the problems with my nonextistant alerts on EX and TU.

I have had the 3B monitoring since Aug 22.

So, today I called customer service.

The CSR said that the reason I may not be receiving EX and TU alerts is that there can be a 30 to 45 day delay in receiving alerts from EX and TU.

She said there can be delay in the recalculation and retransmission of the alerts due to the registration process.

I don't know whether to believe this or not.

Apparently, I'll have to wait 45 days before I'll know whether I'm going to receive alerts or if there is another problem.

This is straight up bullsh*t.  I'm sorry.  The FAQ provided by the admin says that alerts should begin no later than 5 days after signing up for the product.  30 - 45 days is completely unacceptable and it seems that a lot of people were duped into signing up for something that they're essentially paying for to receive NOTHING for a month and a half?  Right.  So a bunch of misinformation on top of a bunch of misinformation.  I'm done with it.

Message 86 of 159
andersk08
New Contributor

I agree Involver. This product should have been tested more extensively before released. 

Starting Scores: ( 9-9-14 )
Equifax FICO - 507 TransUnion FICO - 580 Experian FICO - 535
Current Scores: (10-08-14)
Equifax FICO - 552 TransUnion FICO - 639 Experian FICO - 609
ALL pulled from MyFico 3 Bureau Monitoring
Goal Score - 650 Across the board ( For Starters )
Message 87 of 159
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm sorry my update was from equifax not ex

Message 88 of 159
taxi818
Super Contributor

Well I finally got a tu update. Because of inquiry I guess. Apped for Apple card. Barclays. Got it. Now tu updated. So I guess must have major change to get update on tu and experian. Hope the rest of you guys get it. Tu and ex just slow.  

Message 89 of 159
Anonymous
Not applicable

TU was my 1st alert, almost week later (today) eq alerted me to same thing as TU. Nothing from ex and I pulled my credit report last night (all 3) and they all have same info on new accounts, collection deleted ect. So, just waiting for them all to catch up. What's funny is TU gave me 23 pt increase and eq gave me 33 pts for 1 new account. Nothing else changed on either report. And my scores were exactly same. So I'm wondering what Ex will give me Smiley Happy 

Message 90 of 159
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.