Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Plan

tag
vanilla
Valued Member

My Plan

Okay, I joined myFico March 13th. I've only pulled EQ's score, as I just needed a general idea. It's 662. Here's the rundown of my report, and my plan: 1. I have 2 collections on my report (fairly recent ones). One of them is paid, from a CA that I believed when they said if I paid they wouldn't report it to the Credit Bureaus. I sent them a GW letter on the 14th of March. The other is not yet paid, $106, from a CA for a cable bill. I sent them a PFD, they sent me a "pay this now", I am mailing today a PFD/DV. These are both from 2006, when things were hectic after the divorce. 2.I have a short credit history. Oldest acct 8 yrs 9 months ago. That can only be helped with time, I know. Also, average age of accts is 4 years. That will go down soon, as I just got a couple new CCs, but after time will get better. 3. My util showed at 26%. I paid that down to less than 10, and I got a couple new CCs. Now for the good stuff: 4. No missed payments or lates on my report. Plan to keep it that way. 5. Recent use of credit. I use them, pay them off quickly. Here's what I have (besides the collections above): 1. A bunch of student loans that show paid because I consolidated them 2. One student loan (actually a bunch consolidated) balance is 8xxx, currently in deferrment 3. Credit cards: a. Target Visa (graduated from redcard after 1 year) opened Nov 06: 1000 b. Walmart Store Card, opened around Nov 06 also: 700 c. Chase Freedom (had to pull teeth to get a recent CLI: 600 d. JC Penney card, opened January 08 (pushy saleslady): 700 e. brand new Discover More: 1300, apr 15.99 f. brand new AmEx Blue Cash: 1600, apr 15.99 My plan now is just to keep paying stuff, and keep my util down, and in a couple of years, be ready for a super good mortgage!
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

Re: My Plan

Always get PFD in writing.  I'd hound the living heck out of them.

Keep pushing the cable to PFD.

If you get rid of those two collections, you'll see a nice score change.
Message 2 of 5
vanilla
Valued Member

I'm gonna keep pushing for the PFD.  Mailed off the 2nd PFD letter to them today. 
I know my score will take a hit with the new CCs, but it'll recover from that.  My plan is to obtain a pretty mortgage in a couple years.
I'm "credit gardening" (I saw that on someone's signature around here, I like it)...raising it to be pretty and fruitful Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 5
vanilla
Valued Member

I got a couple new CCs to help with util some, knowing my score would take a hit from the new accounts and inquiries, but it would be ok, since I wouldn't be going after a mortgage for a couple of years at least.  Except that I just learned we might be going after one in a few months now!  Besides paying down my CC balances, which I've done, and trying to get rid of the collections on my report, is there anything else I can do to make my score jump up? They're not terrible (660s), but could be better.
Message 4 of 5
vanilla
Valued Member

Heyy, I got tired of waiting for scorewatch to alert me, and used my remaining free scorepower report. My score has gone up 17 points to 679, and the collection for the cable bill, that I PFD'd and sent the DV to, is not on there !!!! Woohoo?
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.