Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My TrueCredit subscription is no more

tag
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

My TrueCredit subscription is no more

Out with the old...DW and I have subscribed to TC since 8/2007 and finally got around to cancelling it today for both of us. What a waste of such a great product! The CSR was friendly and never asked why I was cancelling but I offered up that they ruined a good thing back in December when they stopped allowing daily pulls. I was on the phone for about 3-4 minutes and that was that.

Good to get this off my chest. I was really hoping they would reconsider. Well, that's $28 or so back in my pocket each month.
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: My TrueCredit subscription is no more

Good riddance True Credit!!
Message 2 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

i canceled mine yesterday as well. being able to pull all three daily, was reeeeeeeely nice. but the main reason for me was the innacurracy of the scores. im trying to buy a house, i cant be off by 30 points when they go and pull the real deal.
Message 3 of 17
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

altimatuner59 wrote:
i canceled mine yesterday as well. being able to pull all three daily, was reeeeeeeely nice. but the main reason for me was the innacurracy of the scores. im trying to buy a house, i cant be off by 30 points when they go and pull the real deal.

TrueCredit (and all the other 3-in-1 monitoring services) were always worthless for score monitoring, since they all have FAKO's, not FICO's.

They were (are) good for tracking daily changes on your reports.

I guess I'll go ahead and cancel mine too, but I grow less thrilled with CreditSecure (the EX-based product) every day. TC often displayed the report dates for EQ updates wrong, but CreditSecure reports all three wrong, all the time. Pretty useless for trying to determine when an account reports! You'd think that they'd at least report correctly for Experian. Smiley Tongue
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Am I the only one using Chase Id Protection? I like it pretty well and haven't had any issues. It took me a few days to get used to the new format over TC when I switched several months back, but it's pretty good. Plus, I can pull at any time of day, rather than having to wait until exactly 24 hours with TC.
Message 5 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I use it as well. But, new subscribers can't only pull monthly, they changed when TC did.

UpUpUp wrote:
Am I the only one using Chase Id Protection? I like it pretty well and haven't had any issues. It took me a few days to get used to the new format over TC when I switched several months back, but it's pretty good. Plus, I can pull at any time of day, rather than having to wait until exactly 24 hours with TC.

Message 6 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ahhh. So do you think its only a matter of time before we can only pull monthly as well?  I hope not.

@Anonymous wrote:

I use it as well. But, new subscribers can't only pull monthly, they changed when TC did.

@Anonymous wrote:

Message 7 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

UpUpUp wrote:

Ahhh. So do you think its only a matter of time before we can only pull monthly as well?  I hope not.

Not sure, because it has been this way since TC changed. Just don't let your subscription expire.

Message 8 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks. I'll be sure not to let that happen.
Message 9 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I guess I'll keep mine for $4.95 a month at Citi. It's just $4.95/mth watching FAKO...lol...still ok with that.
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.