Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My bank pulled a hard inq... why?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

My bank pulled a hard inq... why?

I have been working diligently to clean up DHs credit and so far, things are going very well. Thanks everyone! My question today is about my own 3 in 1 report I pulled from Chase ID. The bank where we have checking and savings (no loans) pulled a hard inq on me in Feb. Why would they do this? I have read here before that your bank can check your credit, but we don't even have a loan there. I guess I will go in and ask them what it's about. We want to apply for a mortgage this summer and I'm worried this inq will appear to be a loan application that got turned down. Any suggestions for me?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: My bank pulled a hard inq... why?

Did you open a checking or savings there in Feb.? That can trigger an inquiry.

I wouldn't worry about an inquiry. People have posted a 20-30-40 inquiry count and don't have any problems.
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've had both checking and savings there for at least five years. We didn't try to open a new account and didn't apply for credit. I know one inq shouldn't hurt too much, but still... and it's the principle of it, too. What the heck were they looking for?
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

They had no right to pull it. Call them point it out and ask for a letter to back up your dispute. Maybe someone hit the hard button by mistake.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

my bank did that to me when i had to switch accounts from one state to another because they kept making mistakes on my deposits.  I had to fight to get it removed.  you are right. It's the principle.
Message 5 of 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Bzzzymom wrote:
I've had both checking and savings there for at least five years. We didn't try to open a new account and didn't apply for credit. I know one inq shouldn't hurt too much, but still... and it's the principle of it, too. What the heck were they looking for?

Like Brammy said, I'd dispute that too.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.