cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My credit accounts are being affected by the delinquency report that is not accurate.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

My credit accounts are being affected by the delinquency report that is not accurate.

I got injured at work and was treated at a hospital for the injury with the permission of my employer.

After I received my treatments, which was a total of 4 visits, my employer denied my workers comp.

I hired an attorney and have been working with him to get the hospital bills paid.

It is in progress, with 3 of the 4 hospital bills having been paid already.

I was also communication with the hospital so that they can hold my account and prevent it from going over to the collections.

However, my account has gone over to the collections.

I called the hospital to ask for the reasons and they said it should not have gone over to the collections.

They told me that they will call the collections company to void my collections.

Unfortunately, the collections delinquency report is already showing up on my credit reports and AMEX got a hold of my credit report with delinquency report on there. They lowered my CL from $10,000 to $6,200. They gave me a few options to have my original CL reinstated, so it's not a big deal, just a minor annoyance. But I'm worried my other credit card companies will follow suit and start putting limits on my accounts due to the delinquency report, which would be a huge headache for me.

I would like some advices on the actions I should be taking to prevent anymore harm to my credit accounts. Any advices are welcomed, even if they are not directly related to preventative measures.

DISMISSAL: And how long will it take for my credit reports be cleared of the delinquency if the collections company deleted the report? (I just spoke to the collections company and they informed me that the delinquency report should be removed from my credit reports by the 5th of February.)

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: My credit accounts are being affected by the delinquency report that is not accurate.

Hey,
I hope all is well with your health; that's what matters most. Generally, you should see a healthy 25-30 points increase AFTER the collection is removed. Generally between 25-45 days for the credit reporting agency to update their info. I'm talking from personal, current experience.
Thanks and best of luck.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: My credit accounts are being affected by the delinquency report that is not accurate.

Thank you! I am well Smiley Happy

What about the accounts that are affected? My AMEX with decreased CL won't automatically go back to its original amount after the collections report is removed, will it? 

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

They should restore the original limit. It won't hurt to request that they restore the original limit. I would wait for AMEX to do their 6-month analysis on that account--by then I'm sure your score would be in the 720+ ballpark. The collections may have triggered that decrease, but having that collections on your credit is a big negative. I just removed--this year-- the last collection from my EXPERIAN report. My score specifically jumped 29 points. This is an obvious fact to remember: the lower your score, the higher the boost from removing a collection; however, the higher your score, the smaller the increase.
Good luck
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Arent DR Bills the worst? One thing I would do is from now one every communication you make with them that you document the date, and the person you spoke with. I would reach out to the debt collector, and let them know that you have reached out to "said hospital", and they mentioned it was reversed. 

If they refused to do so then you could dispute it, and mention that you're seeking legal professional. 

From now on you have to keep them in the loop on everything. I dealt with this recently myself due to a car accident. 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.