cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My last baddie - lates with GMAC - Need HELP!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

My last baddie - lates with GMAC - Need HELP!

I am trying to work on my last baddie on my CR. It is an autoloan with GMAC that is reporting differently with all 3Bs. I have disputed it a few times with EQ and TU but only once with EX. EX and EQ are almost the same but do have a couple of variations, while TU looks NOTHING like them. Goodwill has been denied as I was really expecting. EQ and EX both report 19 30 day lates while TU only reports 17. Most of the lates don’t even match up with TU.

Now when I got a call from GMAC executive customer relations the woman told me that she reviewed the account and assured me that it was reporting correctly. She even said that she’d review it again just to make sure. Obviously she didn’t because there is no way it can be reporting correctly if the CRs don’t match up. I wish I’d requested something from her in writing stating this! Stupid me!

An example would be that in Feb '05 TU states that my payment was 90 days late. Both EQ and EX state that it was on time / not late.

Another example - Sept '05 TU says it was 30 days late, EX and EQ say it was 90 days late.

There are things like this scattered throughout the reports.

I’m just stumped at this point and cannot figure out what my next course of action should be. Disputing isn’t getting me anywhere and Goodwill pretty much got laughed at.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: My last baddie - lates with GMAC - Need HELP!

Suggestions anyone?
Message 2 of 8
sunnyday
Frequent Contributor

I am having the same problem with GMAC.  All 3 credit reports are showing something different.  I called them last night, and asked to speak with a supervisor.  Of course, it was a waste of time.  I explained the situation, and she said dispute it with the 3 credit bureaus, and then said if not resolved, call her back in 30 days.  Great customer service, huh?  I have been disputing it, and no change for the past month.  This is a car loan that was paid off 2 years ago.  They got their money, so I guess they don't give a crap about us anymore.  Maybe, I will try planetfeedback.com.  Don't know what else to do
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

B-U-M-P
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't know if you can sign up for access here on a closed account. I can access my entire payment history here. 
It all matches my checkbook. GMAC is reporting accurate for me.
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I cannot access the online payment history anymore.

I just laid out the reported payment histories from all 3Bs in a spreadsheet. There are 30 months where the histories do not match up. EX and EQ are basically identical but TU is greatly different. Seems to me that that's 30 FCRA violations by GMAC?

There are months where TU reports as late and the other two on time and visa versa.

Do I have any legal ground here to sue GMAC if it comes down to it?
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would suggest filing a complaint with the FTC at www.ftc.gov under the consumer protection tab and be specific.
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just curious... why do you think it's GMAC and not TU if the other CRA's are reporting correctly?  

db23 wrote:
I cannot access the online payment history anymore.

I just laid out the reported payment histories from all 3Bs in a spreadsheet. There are 30 months where the histories do not match up. EX and EQ are basically identical but TU is greatly different. Seems to me that that's 30 FCRA violations by GMAC?

There are months where TU reports as late and the other two on time and visa versa.

Do I have any legal ground here to sue GMAC if it comes down to it?

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.