Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My last few questions irrelevant to scoring

tag
Bigshrimp
Valued Member

My last few questions irrelevant to scoring

Question #1... Where can I find EX V3 scores fro free or limited cost? I have all my 3B Fico scores and scores from CK, but would like EX scores as I like to look at numbers and its the only one I do not have

Question #2... Is it worth disputing addresses on Reports...I have a handfull of addys on report from my Ex wife, some 1500 miles away whe she move to another state...Went to open an account today and one of the security questions I wouldnt have answered correctly if I didnt have a report in front of me...For a period of time they would put things on my report from her opening accounts or buying new cars etc...Last 2-3 years it has seem to have stop, but we have been divorced about 12 years now...

Question #3...argh I forgot, will edit later if I remember...

Starting Scores 9/21/15 EQ-644 TU-651 EX-642
Current Scores 11/20/16 EQ-691 TU-668 EX-665
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
iv
Valued Contributor

Re: My last few questions irrelevant to scoring

@Bigshrimp wrote:

Question #1... Where can I find EX V3 scores fro free or limited cost? I have all my 3B Fico scores and scores from CK, but would like EX scores as I like to look at numbers and its the only one I do not have

Assuming you mean Experian VantageScore 3.0... credit.com offers that in their "other scores" section.

CK + credit.com gives you the full set of TU/EQ/EX VS3.0 scores... it may not be practically speaking useful, but I understand the "data geek" desire to look at the full set.

@Bigshrimp wrote:

Question #2... Is it worth disputing addresses on Reports...I have a handfull of addys on report from my Ex wife, some 1500 miles away whe she move to another state...Went to open an account today and one of the security questions I wouldnt have answered correctly if I didnt have a report in front of me...For a period of time they would put things on my report from her opening accounts or buying new cars etc...Last 2-3 years it has seem to have stop, but we have been divorced about 12 years now...

If they are addresses that you have never lived at, associated with your ex... yeah, I'd get them removed from your reports.

EQ8:850 TU8:850 EX8:850
EQ9:847 TU9:847 EX9:839
EQ5:797 TU4:807 EX2:813 - 2021-06-06
Message 2 of 8
Bigshrimp
Valued Member

Thanks for the info... Yes talking about the VantageScores...I just like looking at data, plus I like to see the difference in EX compare to other 2 since it has other things on it that is not on EQ, TU

Guess I will look into getting addys remove as painless as possible...

Message 3 of 8
Bigshrimp
Valued Member

Well that was easy, I forgot that I had setup with Credit com over a year ago...how did i forget about that....

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here is one nice reason to have Credit.com in your back pocket:

An accurate and free method of measuring your AAoA on Experian.

Credit Karma has a lot of nice feautures: two different bureaus, actual credit reports rather than just the score, and pulls as often as once a week. 

But.... Karma's summary software gives you false information about age-related scoring factors, because it ignores closed accounts.  It's very odd, because the credit score Karma gives (Vantage 3) does include closed and open accounts equally, just as FICO does.

So Karma's summary software doesn't even accurately describe the very score Karma gives you.  Weird.  But otherwise Karma is great.

I haven't taken a look at any of the fairly new free tools out there: e.g. the new Discover website that gives anybody their free EX FICO 8.  Does anybody know whether that site give you your AAoA? 

Obviously for those folks who use monitoring products like CCT or myFICO then you already see your AAoA often.  I am a cheapskate and don't use those products, valuable though they may be.  I just rely on my credit cards for free FICO scores plus Karma and credit.com.

Message 5 of 8
iv
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I haven't taken a look at any of the fairly new free tools out there: e.g. the new Discover website that gives anybody their free EX FICO 8.  Does anybody know whether that site give you your AAoA? 

Discover's creditscorecard.com does not display AAoA.

But the free monthly report+FICO8 from experian.com does. (Correctly, even!)

EQ8:850 TU8:850 EX8:850
EQ9:847 TU9:847 EX9:839
EQ5:797 TU4:807 EX2:813 - 2021-06-06
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

CGID, it does not give you your AAoA.  All it tells you is your "length of credit history" and tells you how old your oldest account is.  Another thing I find odd is that it has my total number of accounts off by 2.  Since it doesn't actually list the accounts out I'm not sure which 2 are missing, but if I look at my EX report on CCT I've got 22 accounts on it for sure.

Another point about CK, their bogus software and stating things that provide false guidance in addition to their AAoA summary is their payment history BS.  CK only counts late payments I believe within the last 2 years.  So, when I log in, I get 100% "exceptional" under payment history which would lead someone less educated than myself to believe that there could be nothing payment-related possibly impacting my score.  I know however that a 90 day late payment and a 120 day late payment from 2+ years ago are impacting my FICO scores by around 50 points (combined) and that if not removed sooner will haunt me for 7 years.  Looking at the CK summary it would lead one to believe that they are golden as long as their late payments are over 2 years old.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks iv!

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.