cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My thoughts on Apple card and Wallet on I phone.

tag
firefox100
Valued Contributor

My thoughts on Apple card and Wallet on I phone.

Hi this Monday I went to Key food near wher I live to try out my new Apple credit account on the I phone 8. purchase milk for 2.40 at check out had no problem the charge went though with no problem. Today I saw five cents on my apple cash card. I went to the Apple credit card in apple wallet and saw that I habalance of $2.40 on account. It also indicated no payment need at this time but it did ask if I wanted to make an early payment, I went head and tap yes and it ask if you wanted to pay the balance of $2.40 I Tap yes then it prompted me to use touch ID second after I put my finger on home botton it said your payment is made and new balance zero. This is easiest app of all credit card apps that I have on my phone. Must of other apps make you verify what account you want to pay from even  if you only have one checking account on file with that credit card. As a blind user using voice over on I phone 8 this was nice experience. This card may not have the best terms but I can see my self using this card like debit card making payments every couple of days. It was verry easy to use and also to make the payment to my account it also told me that I had zero balance after the payment was made.b

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: My thoughts on Apple card and Wallet on I phone.

Yeah I am definitely very happy with the app experience with the Apple Card. It’s by far the most straightforward card I have and the auto redemption to the Apple Cash card, I set that as my default card for iTunes so my $1 in-app purchases I make multiple times a week come off of the Apple Cash if I have the balance there. 

The card has a lot of potential and if they expand the rewards, it could easily become my daily driver. 

Message 2 of 17
firefox100
Valued Contributor

Apple and gs need to steep it above for customers with good scores and good incomes, it is nice that GS is giving customers with lower scores a chance to build credit and get the card.

Message 3 of 17
firefox100
Valued Contributor

Hi again I have been using the Apple card all this week, it is very easy to use and make payments on the account. This Thursday the Card cane by UPS. It is very nice metal cardy it feels heavy. The card is nicer then Amex and chase metal cards. The only problem I have with Apple card by GS is the Credit line I got from GS. It looks like that GS is aproveing customers with scores around 580 and above and giving cl's from 250 up to 1K and intrest rate over 20 percent. It is nice to see that Apple and GS are giving customers with lower scores and not such great credit a chance to get card and chance to rebuild credit. I think that GS needs to give high cl to customers who have scores over 750 and incomes around 80K It does look like that GS is giving cl around 10 percent of income, GS should step it up for customers who have good scores and good incomes.

Message 4 of 17
firefox100
Valued Contributor

Another thing about the Apple card it was easiset card that I have activated no phone calls no looking for security code on back of card. As blind peson I did not need help from sighted person.

Message 5 of 17
Berk
Established Contributor

Apple is going to make it as easy and convenient for you to use this card as possible. They want it to be the only card you ever use. They want you to use Apple Pay. Less than half of all iPhone users even utilize the digital wallet. Apple wants to make its software and services as much a part of your everyday life as possible due to the declining sales of its hardware. Just like Amazon has done.The more you are utilizing Apple Pay, the happier they are.

Message 6 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I definitely like the fingerprint authorization for things, makes me feel more secure as opposed to passwords. Not sure how exactly you would hack a fingerprint.

Message 7 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, if you fall asleep around an unsavory person, it would be quite easy, if you are a hard sleeper, LOL.

Or, wake up and the wife has made some purchases with your sleeping print, LOL.
Message 8 of 17
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Well, if you fall asleep around an unsavory person, it would be quite easy, if you are a hard sleeper, LOL.

😂🤣😆

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 9 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Which is why I like Face ID. It doesn’t even work if you aren’t looking directly at the phone and I know from experience that it doesn’t work when you’re all droopy-eyed from just waking up either like I do a lot when I wake up in the middle of the night and go to grab my phone haha. 

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.