cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My thoughts on Apple card and Wallet on I phone.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: My thoughts on Apple card and Wallet on I phone.

Face id I can maybe go for, but to me, fingerprint authorization is about as good as nothing, because it’s so easy while someone is asleep for someone to access their phone and everything in it.

I have a friend whose wife, well I’m gonna leave that story off. Needless to say he doesn’t use fingerprint ID anymore. Personally I think it lulls people into a false sense of security. It’s about the worst form of protection I can think of. Boy was he pissed when he got the credit card bill, not to mention the other problems it caused. Who knows what else she may have read on his texts and what kind of fights it may have started. But I guess if you’re always around trustworthy people, you don’t really need a form of authentication do you?
Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

🤔
Message 12 of 17
firefox100
Valued Contributor

Ok I just got my US bank visa cash plus card to day. What a difference between the us bank visa and Apple card set up and actvaction process. Us bank visa card I had to get sighted help, You need to make a phone call enter card number , security code and expiration date. I could had scan card number into reader but security code on back of card is to smal to be pick up by my scanner. The process of setting up us bank app took about an 30 mins, us sent 2 test mesg with security code that I had to enter in the app before US bank would let me set up the app and time it took set up passwords and user name. I put card into my apple wallet, that about an hour I need to call US bank to verify my identity with the bank before card would be set up in wallet, long wate on phone. Because there was charge history on the account I need to talk to fraud department with lot of questions. With the Apple card I did not need any sighted help to set up card and activate card. Only thing that US bank has over the Apple card is high credit line and cash back. I activate 5 percent for electronics so I may by new Apple computer for 2K. Would not use apple card for that charge and I may go shopping at Macy. Only thing I could say about US bank that I had less problems get approved for card then Apple but that is because Apple was having problem with NY ID verifycation.

Message 13 of 17
firefox100
Valued Contributor

Correction, need to speak to fraud department because there was no charge history on new account and Fraud ddepartment had verify my identity before it could be added to Apple wallet.

Message 14 of 17
black_citi
Established Contributor

I can't wait til i get the card myself. I just need to improve my credit scores and report because i want a 10k limit.
Make More, Spend Less
Message 15 of 17
firefox100
Valued Contributor

Getting a 10K credit line with Gs is going to be hard your income is going to need to be over 100K and fico scores near 800. If you don't have any lates or any problems with checking accounts in the last 7 years go for card then over time you can increase your cl with Gs. They are approveing customers with fico scores in low six hundreds.

Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Actually, many people are complaining on this. I've been reading that face recognition would be better. Anyhow, I'm still stick to my number passwords Smiley Happy

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.