Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MyFICO or CCT for weekly monitoring

tag
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: MyFICO or CCT for weekly monitoring

@Anonymous wrote:

I have myFICO 3B (the $29.95 one), and my husband has CCT, so I can run down the differences.

CCT gives you a 3B report every month -- myFICO gives you a 3B every 3 months

CCT gives you a new EX report and FICO 8 score every day you request it, and EQ, TU FICO 8 scores with the montly 3B report -- myFICO gives you EQ, TU, or EX FICO 8 score with each alert

CCT gives you only FICO 8 scores, myFICO updates all versions of FICO scores every 3 months with your 3B report

They cost the same, although people calling in to cancel CCT will usually be offered half price from what I've heard.

My thoughts: I prefer myFICO's user interface over CCT's. I prefer myFICO 3B overall, although it would be nice to get a 3B report every month. Having said that 3B reports are not the same as getting your actual report, so I am not hung up on getting one more often. But the alerts and the updated FICO 8 scores when they happen are something I do not want to give up at this point, at least not while I'm rebuilding. I also use Experian to get my free EX report and EX score more often than the 3 months. My EX score just went up 26 points and I saw that on the Experian site last Wednesday, but myFICO has yet to notify me since there hasn't been an event that generates an alert since it went up. Since my Cap1 balance is reporting, I would expect to get a myFICO alert Monday or Tuesday that will reflect the score change, so it's really not that bad.

I hope you find the one that works best for you! Smiley Happy

Hi Bella

I actually do get the monthly, rather than the quarterly, 3B report,but it costs $10 more a month:

http://www.myfico.com/Products/FICO-Premier-3B/

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 11 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I have myFICO 3B (the $29.95 one), and my husband has CCT, so I can run down the differences.

CCT gives you a new EX report and FICO 8 score every day you request it, and EQ, TU FICO 8 scores with the montly 3B report -- myFICO gives you EQ, TU, or EX FICO 8 score with each alert

CCT gives you only FICO 8 scores, myFICO updates all versions of FICO scores every 3 months with your 3B report

They cost the same, although people calling in to cancel CCT will usually be offered half price from what I've heard.

My thoughts: I prefer myFICO's user interface over CCT's. I prefer myFICO 3B overall, although it would be nice to get a 3B report every month. Having said that 3B reports are not the same as getting your actual report, so I am not hung up on getting one more often. But the alerts and the updated FICO 8 scores when they happen are something I do not want to give up at this point, at least not while I'm rebuilding. I also use Experian to get my free EX report and EX score more often than the 3 months. My EX score just went up 26 points and I saw that on the Experian site last Wednesday, but myFICO has yet to notify me since there hasn't been an event that generates an alert since it went up. Since my Cap1 balance is reporting, I would expect to get a myFICO alert Monday or Tuesday that will reflect the score change, so it's really not that bad.

Hi Bella

I actually do get the monthly, rather than the quarterly, 3B report,but it costs $10 more a month:

Me too thanks to SouthJamaica a few months back ;-)

Message 12 of 25
elim
Senior Contributor

I had both CCT and MF for a year. I kept MF and I'm approaching 3 full years with the service. It works for me because I let my statements cut with balances and pay most in full after they cut (which triggers MF) so I get mega alerts.

With just a few accounts, and only letting a small balance report on one, I wouldn't think MF would be better than CCT, but as far as the 1$ trial... that is to much effort (cancel/renew) for me to save the small amount of cash involved.  I have also used CK and CS(sesame) for 3 years.

Message 13 of 25
EAJuggalo
Established Contributor

I use CCT and have for the past year.  I started with the $1 trial, then took the 50% offer when I went to cancel.  So I'm paying $15/mo to get an EX score and report each day and a 3B every month.  I will be signing up for myFICO's service next year when I start looking seriously at mortgages since you get those scores as well.  I use CK to keep me up to date on TU and EQ between 3B pulls but I like having an idea where my FICO score is at at any given time.

EX700 TU 704 EQ 694 4/03/22
Cap1 QS-$4,500 Chase Freedom Flex- $800 Chase Freedom Unlimited- $1,000 Victoria's Secret- $1,200 Citi DC- $800 Amazon Store Card- $3,500 AMEX Hilton Honors-$1,000 Discover It-$1,000 Wal-Mart MC $290 Chase Sapphire Preferred-$5,000 NFCU Flagship $13,800 AMEX BCE-$1,000 AMEX Gold-$5,000 AMEX Delta Blue $1,000 Lowe's $5,000 Navy Platinum $17,000 AMEX BBP $2,000
Message 14 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

So glad that SouthJ has chimed in with the reminder about the $40/month MF package.  I really feel that if a person is going to go as far as the $30/mo package, he should really consider just diving in and going all the way.

To me, the value of getting an attractive 3B report every 30 days (rather than every 90) with every possible FICO score including all the flavors of FICO 9 -- this is a unique and valuable niche that no product package out there is meeting except myFICO.

Obviously my own hyperfrugal temperament still keeps me at the zero-to-ultralow-cost end of the spectrum for credit monitoring solutions, e.g....

Free monthly FICO scores from credit cards

Free monthly reports from Experian

Free weekly reports from EQ and TU

Free Vantage scores from many sources

$1 CCT pulls if I ever need it (haven't used one yet)

$30 myFICO pull (then cancel) to get all my scores every 12-18 months

But that's a temperament issue, not a right/wrong way to be.  I can see how attractive the $40 MF package would be for anyone willing to go for it.  I see it as an important entry in the array of options.

Message 15 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi Bella

Hi SJ! I know it's available, I was just trying to compare the two $29.95 options. I should have stated that. I've thought about upgrading to the myFICO that updates every month. I actually might now since I have a lot of inquiries falling off in the next 6 months, and it would be nice to watch them disappear! Smiley Happy

Message 16 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@elim wrote:

I had both CCT and MF for a year. I kept MF and I'm approaching 3 full years with the service. It works for me because I let my statements cut with balances and pay most in full after they cut (which triggers MF) so I get mega alerts.

With just a few accounts, and only letting a small balance report on one, I wouldn't think MF would be better than CCT, but as far as the 1$ trial... that is to much effort (cancel/renew) for me to save the small amount of cash involved.  I have also used CK and CS(sesame) for 3 years.

Hi elim, I totally agree! For me, I would be putting off cancelling, then get charged the full amount. It's too much tracking and having to cancel/renew for me. Smiley Happy

Message 17 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

So glad that SouthJ has chimed in with the reminder about the $40/month MF package.  I really feel that if a person is going to go as far as the $30/mo package, he should really consider just diving in and going all the way.

To me, the value of getting an attractive 3B report every 30 days (rather than every 90) with every possible FICO score including all the flavors of FICO 9 -- this is a unique and valuable niche that no product package out there is meeting except myFICO.

Obviously my own hyperfrugal temperament still keeps me at the zero-to-ultralow-cost end of the spectrum for credit monitoring solutions, e.g....

Free monthly FICO scores from credit cards

Free monthly reports from Experian

Free weekly reports from EQ and TU

Free Vantage scores from many sources

$1 CCT pulls if I ever need it (haven't used one yet)

$30 myFICO pull (then cancel) to get all my scores every 12-18 months

But that's a temperament issue, not a right/wrong way to be.  I can see how attractive the $40 MF package would be for anyone willing to go for it.  I see it as an important entry in the array of options.

Hi CreditGuy! I did not know that I could get free weekly reports form EQ and TU. I'm assuming this is through their respective sites? Thank you for posting this! I might do the $40 MF package then, when I don't need to keep as close track of my scores (i.e. post-rebuild, post-mortgage), etc, switch to your method here. Smiley Happy

Message 18 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi Bella

FYI for everyone, when I click on SJ's link, it is showing me that myFICO Premier 3B is $29.95 per month. Is anyone else seeing this? If it's for real, that means it is the same price as Ultimate 3B. I can't find a way to change my subscription online. When I click on it, it tells me I already have an active subscription and it won't put it in my cart. I'm assuming I am going to have to call...

Message 19 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi CreditGuy! I did not know that I could get free weekly reports form EQ and TU. I'm assuming this is through their respective sites?

The way to get free weekly credit reports from EQ and TU is through a site called Credit Karma.

Message 20 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.