Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MyFICO slow to update.

tag
Yeliaba1
Frequent Contributor

MyFICO slow to update.

I paid down the balance on a Penfed loan at the end of February.  My Experian Creditworks updated this on 3/5 and WalletHub did the same on 3/7, as well as Credit Karma.  Why haven’t my scores updated more than a week later.  I called and they reported they update when they receive them from the CRAs.  I can’t understand why Transunion would share that information with WalletHub and Credit Karma more than a week before myfico? Anyone else see this happening?

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
thornback
Senior Contributor

Re: MyFICO slow to update.

Not by a full week (at least, not yet) -- but definately delayed by 3-4 days.   It is frustrating (especially considering the price you pay for the service). 

Personal Aphorism:"Forget What You Feel, Remember What You Deserve"
Starting FICO 8s | 09/2017: EX 641 ✦ EQ 634 ✦ TU 647
Current FICO 8s | 04/2022: EX 796 ✦ EQ 793 ✦ TU 790
Current FICO 9s | 04/2022: EX 790 ✦ EQ 788 ✦ TU 782
2022 Goal Score | 800s

My AAoA:
4.6 years not incl. AU / 4.9 years incl. AU
My AoOA: 9.2 years not incl. AU / 11.2 years incl. AU
Inquiries: EX 0/12 ✦ EQ 0/12 ✦ TU 0/12
Report Status: Clean
Garden Status:  

Without patience, we will learn less in life. We will see less. We will feel less. We will hear less. Ironically, rush and more usually mean less.
Message 2 of 13
mmajer4211
Regular Contributor

Happens to me all the time. Mine expires on the 18th and I will not be continuing the service. I have an Experian CreditWorks membership and prefer that by a long shot.

MASSIVE OVERHALL (48) MONTHS IN

Message 3 of 13
thornback
Senior Contributor

Same -- Experian CW is miles ahead of myFICO, IMO.    I only have myFICO for the sake of my other scores (which I need to monitor right now...).  Once I no longer need to keep tabs on the other FICO versions for TU & EQ, I'll be discontinuing myFICO too. 

@mmajer4211 wrote:

Happens to me all the time. Mine expires on the 18th and I will not be continuing the service. I have an Experian CreditWorks membership and prefer that by a long shot.

Personal Aphorism:"Forget What You Feel, Remember What You Deserve"
Starting FICO 8s | 09/2017: EX 641 ✦ EQ 634 ✦ TU 647
Current FICO 8s | 04/2022: EX 796 ✦ EQ 793 ✦ TU 790
Current FICO 9s | 04/2022: EX 790 ✦ EQ 788 ✦ TU 782
2022 Goal Score | 800s

My AAoA:
4.6 years not incl. AU / 4.9 years incl. AU
My AoOA: 9.2 years not incl. AU / 11.2 years incl. AU
Inquiries: EX 0/12 ✦ EQ 0/12 ✦ TU 0/12
Report Status: Clean
Garden Status:  

Without patience, we will learn less in life. We will see less. We will feel less. We will hear less. Ironically, rush and more usually mean less.
Message 4 of 13
Yeliaba1
Frequent Contributor

I’ll seriously consider terminating mine after I apply for a mortgage in the coming months.  I did make the point to them by phone that I’m basically paying for updated reports.  My CreditWorks serves me much better.

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't have a membership with any pay sites, but I must say from reading a lot on here the amount of complaints we see from MF members stating that the free services are outdoing them is very high.

Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

The only positive about a MyFICO subscription is all of the different scores it provides. If you’re looking for all the different flavors of scores, it’s worth the money. If you’re just looking for timely updates, there are much cheaper (including free) options; don’t waste your money.

MyFICO can pass the blame all they want to, but if CK can alert me three days prior to a credit report change, there is no reason they can’t also. The problem is on their end.
Message 7 of 13
Yeliaba1
Frequent Contributor

I agree and asked a MF supervisor to explain why TransUnion would provide these Credit sources (WalletHub and CreditKarma) this data more than a week ago but not them.  She held firm that they report as they receive them.  She did say she would escalate the issue.

Message 8 of 13
jamie123
Valued Contributor

I too have been having problems with MF. Back in December I hadn't received an update or change in score for more than 40 days. Really! I mean I only have 10 CCs with 8 reporting balances, a mortgage and an auto loan!

I called MF customer service and they said that there wasn't a problem. Yeah, no kidding, I wouldn't have a problem either if I was taking people's money and not doing anything for it.

I'm really thinking about quitting MF but don't want to lose my 7 years of history. If they don't turn it around I will have to move on.

Starting Score: EQ 653 6/21/12
Current Score: EQ 817 3/10/20 - EX 820 3/13/20 - TU 825 3/03/20
Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I’d love to get Creditworks version that provides all 3 scores but my EX paid app ($9.99/month) I think is killing that. I tried clicking on TU to get the CW trial offer but it’s not offered, and a few months ago CCT stopped working for me as well. It tells me I already have an account and takes me to the EX login.

Anyone else have these issues and find a way around them?
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.