cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MyFico Quarterly Info?

tag
awdtsi98

MyFico Quarterly Info?

Is anyone running the 10$ a month fico monitoring solution through here? I need something to monitor the rise in my overall score, as well as changes in accounts as i pay them off. From what i read it pulls your score every 3 months? But will it notify in real time when accounts drop off or close out? or do i need to wait until the 3 month update..? Also is it truely 10$ a month, or have people seen a lot of trouble with hidden fees and poor customer service? Are they reputable? 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
cakebuilder
New Contributor

Re: MyFico Quarterly Info?

I refuse to pay for this service unless I am prepared to make a serious purchase. I have found that credit karma, although not 100% accurate, is in the ball park at least give or take 10-20 pts. additionally, i use experian free credit report to monitor online for free. 

.......$23k....................$8k......................$2k

Current FICO EQ: 775, EX: 764 | Current FAKO CK: 788

Message 2 of 4
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

@awdtsi98 wrote:

Is anyone running the 10$ a month fico monitoring solution through here? I need something to monitor the rise in my overall score, as well as changes in accounts as i pay them off. From what i read it pulls your score every 3 months? But will it notify in real time when accounts drop off or close out? or do i need to wait until the 3 month update..? Also is it truely 10$ a month, or have people seen a lot of trouble with hidden fees and poor customer service? Are they reputable? 

The quarterly monitoring is only 1 report each quarter.  So 4 per year.  There are no regular alerts to account changes.  It also gives a TU98 score, which is not commonly used.  A much better FICO monitoring tool is Score Watch, which gives regular alerts to FICO score changes shortly after most report changes. It gives an EQ04 score, which is still commonly used by lenders.  Score Watch is the one you want.

ETA:  myFICO is reputable.  Many users on these forums have been using Score Watch for years.  As for customer service, most complaints stem from the fact that you need to call a toll-free number to cancel instead of having a simple link on the website.  Otherwise, though, the service works and gives email alerts to any new score changes.  If your credit card balances are different from month to month, you get score updates when the balances change too.  I think its great!

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 3 of 4
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@awdtsi98 wrote:

Are they reputable? 

If FICO wasn't reputable then their score monitoring service would be the least of your concerns given that they supply FICO's to the creditors.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.