cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Myfico the same as scorewatch through equifax website?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Myfico the same as scorewatch through equifax website?

This is really getting to me. I called equifax personal solutions today because I have not received any alerts on my score after having several baddies removed. the guy I talked to said that it could be several days for an update to my score and once they notify fico, my score will change, thus resulting in a alert being sent.

My question is: I have scorewatch not through this site but through equifax directly. Are they the same?

I was under the impression that my score would update immediately but maybe that is only through myfico.

anyone know? thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Myfico the same as scorewatch through equifax website?

I don't think the CSR is right. My understanding is that they are the same, other than possibly the comments. For instance, there is one alert comment that indicates possible bucket re-assignment, and I don't think you get that through EQ, but in fact, you might.

But this is a surmise from reading lots of posts about the two, and I could very well be wrong.

I think they do the same timing as on the one from myFICO. Here is the explanation for when Score Watch goes looking for what:

Score Watch Guide

Score Watch doesn't necessarily know the moment something happens, unless it's a possible ID theft issue.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Myfico the same as scorewatch through equifax website?

If you look closely when you order EQ from MyFICO it says:

Equifax (Score Power)

Score Power is the EQ FICO score.  Score Watch is a subscription monitoring service which monitors your Score Power score, which is your EQ FICO.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.