Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Myfico vs Creditkarma report discrepency

tag
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Myfico vs Creditkarma report discrepency

I closed 3 accounts. Cap1 in 2010 and 2 Chase CCs last year.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 11 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Gotcha.  How do your age of accounts factors look?  I'm just curious how similar our profiles are.  I'm at AoOA 18 years, AAoA 8 years, AoYA 1.7 years give or take, depending on bureau.

Message 12 of 19
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Oh @BBS you got me beat and that’s why I’m in the garden for 2 yrs.

AoOA - 16.7 yrs
AAoA - 3.5 yrs
AoYA - 1 mo.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 13 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, in 11 months when your AoYA hits 12 months you'll see a nice 15-20 point boost, putting you clean into the 800's.  By that time your AAoA and AoOA could also nab you some more points as well.  I'm not sure if there's any AoYA benefit at 24 months... I'll be able to see in about 90 days though.

Message 14 of 19
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Wow this is great news! Thank you. That means I’ll reach my goal for the 800 club in December. I’m really feeling good now.

Keep us posted when your AoYA account reaches 24 mos

Message 15 of 19
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Hi OP
Did you figure out where the discrepancy is? Can you tell us how many CCs you actually have on-hand and if you’re an AU on any other cards?

Message 16 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditInspired wrote:
Wow this is great news! Thank you. That means I’ll reach my goal for the 800 club in December. I’m really feeling good now.

Keep us posted when your AoYA account reaches 24 mos

Absolutely.  My guess is that you may pick something up when your AoOA hits 17 years and your AAoA hits 4 years (maybe 3-4 points for each) and then of course the 15-20 for AoYA hitting 12 months.  This is of course assuming that you don't add any new account at all between now and then and that no [older] accounts drop off of your CR.  My guess is that all of your scores will land in the 805-830 range at that time.  Also another thing, I'm assuming that a month ago when you added the most recent account that an inquiry came with it.  Whatever number of points you saw your score on that bureau drop (say 5) will return 365 days after the inquiry date, so you can expect that score to increase possibly a little more later in the month after all of your age of accounts factors increase on the 1st of that month.

Message 17 of 19
jinmikesung
New Contributor

I am sorry, my internet wasn't working correctly due to freezing weather in Chicago last couple days.

I know that Myfico report should be accurate, but was wondering why is there so much differences between 2 reports.

I will need to contact EQ directly and ask them if I have to.

Thank you

Message 18 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jinmikesung wrote:

I know that Myfico report should be accurate, but was wondering why is there so much differences between 2 reports.

A question was asked on the previous page by a few members:  How many accounts do you have and should be on your credit report?  Based on your answer, you'll know if CK or MF is correct.

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.