Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NCO-MEDCLEAR

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NCO-MEDCLEAR

Ok so they are on my credit report just like half the other Americans in the US. Why? At the time they are telling me I went to the ER I would have been 17 years old. I am going to call the hospital tomorrow and try to run down the exact dates and see as to why maybe insurance from my parents didn't pick it up. Any advice?
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NCO-MEDCLEAR

I am sorry it was in Dec of 03 so I would have been 16 if it was past the 21st I would have been 17. Can they even charge me for that?
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any help at all please?
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Panelle wrote:
Ok so they are on my credit report just like half the other Americans in the US. Why? At the time they are telling me I went to the ER I would have been 17 years old. I am going to call the hospital tomorrow and try to run down the exact dates and see as to why maybe insurance from my parents didn't pick it up. Any advice?

DV the CA     CMRRR         at the same time call the Hospital and have them pull the account.....simply tell them to check your DOB  on their records. They should be able to add.  Have them call the CA & have then delete!!!!!

Do not give any info. about your parents.  Let the hospital or the CA handle it.  BUT let your parents know about it.

You can do nothing about ins. from that time.
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks HappyDays but how would I go about Debt Validation the Collection Agency? I am so lost in the sauce on this one!
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

"I pulled my credit bureau report, and I discovered that you claim I owe you a debt. Under § 809 of FDCPA, send me validation of this debt."

Please be advised that I was a minor at the time that this debt accured.

Do Not Sign your name    just type it.  Use only info. that is in your report. Do not offer any other info.

Be sure to mail it CMRRR.    They must answer within 30 days or stop reporting until they do!

Call the hospital and tell them to notify the CA to delete! And YES they must delete & the hospital can make them. IF they do not the hospital can be in for a lawsuit from you.
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

NCO?  They're scumbags!  Communicate w/NCO solely in writing.

It is illegal for a CRA to maintain a credit file on a minor.  If your DOB is correct on your credit reports, you can try calling the CRA's and talk to an agent.  You will need the Report Number from your credit reports, especially for EQ.  Point out the dates on the CA listing versus your DOB.   The CRA may delete the listing w/o any further action on your part.
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for all the help I will try and give the CRA a call tomorrow to see if this wont take care of the problem before I go off and mail a letter and call the hospital. Again thank you to all!
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.