cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NCO financial

tag
Emy

Re: NCO financial

They did the same with me. I had the cell number for 3 years and they keep asking me for how long I had the number.

For about 4 weeks, they called me every day, 7-10 times a day. Every time they asked for a different name.

I've filled about 20 complaints with www.donotcall.gov plus 3 complaints with FTC.

How they got my number? That simple, I've bought a house in Dec 2009 and the financial guys used NCO for running my credit.

All those calls started after I got approved.

The same like you, they changed their numbers every time. Every time when I search online for that number, was NCO or NCO Financial Services.

You need to file complaints with FTC and www.donotcall.gov.

Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@llecs wrote:

IMO, you can't sue per the FDCPA. Smiley Sad

And here's why: Per the FDCPA, it is my understanding the "Consumer" means "debtor" and not "person who had the misfortune of having the wrong telephone number". In other words, calling the wrong person at the wrong hour wouldn't constitute a violation of the FDCPA. It could be that the previous owner of that phone number was a debtor, or someone goofed and mistyped your DH's number instead.

Now I bet there are other laws in the books that would stop them. I'd personally deem that as a harrassing phone call (calling over and over) and you can try contacting the phone company to put a block on those numbers. Also maybe there is a state law somewhere that prohibits unsolicited phone calls at 3am. Probably others too.

I get calls at the office all the time from CAs asking for our employees or former employees. Some will call over and over and over and actually found the best practice was to waste their time and talk sports, politics, weather, etc. If I tell them to stop calling, the keep calling. But if I draw out the conversation, they stop calling. Weird I know. Now at 3am I don't think I can carry a conversation with anyone. BTW, it is illegal per the FDCPA to call over and over like that but the only person who can bring action is the debtor.

Actually, legal action is appropriate.

According to the FDCPA, "The term 'consumer' means any natural person obligated or allegedly obligated to pay any debt."  Then there is also the legislative intent of the Act in which it is clear that elimination of abusive debt collection practices is a fundamental intent of the Act.

I would document carefull each and every violation committed by NCO and then stroll on down to small claims court and file against them.  Watch them scream and squeal when served.  Use the couple of thousand $ you get to treat the kids to an ice-cream or something and be proud of doing your civic duty.  Smiley Happy

Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@LIGHTNIN wrote:

They are Very Wrong....It's local time at the consumer's location.They can only contact between 8AM to 9PM.

It's a  FDCPA Violation...and you can sue them.Smiley TongueCheck out FDCPA 805 (a)(1)...Google it for more infoSmiley Wink

True.

I'd be going in for the kill right about now and seeing which bank had the highest CD rates where I can place the couple of grand NCO will have to fork over.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.