Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU FICO scores

tag
babbles
Established Contributor

NFCU FICO scores

I tried to research to see if this question has been asked but has anyone noticed NFCU's FICO 8 scores are different than the official FICO scores itself?  They are  lower on the day  NFCU pulls  them from somewhere and posts to your  account page.  I wrote to them and explained I have an official FICO account and their numbers are quite different but they claim those are my FICO scores.

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: NFCU FICO scores

@babbles wrote:

I tried to research to see if this question has been asked but has anyone noticed NFCU's FICO 8 scores are different than the official FICO scores itself?  They are  lower on the day  NFCU pulls  them from somewhere and posts to your  account page.  I wrote to them and explained I have an official FICO account and their numbers are quite different but they claim those are my FICO scores.

NFCU gives you EQ FICO 9 scores. I recollect reading they pull the scores from -+ 2 weeks prior to posting it.

Message 2 of 24
babbles
Established Contributor

Sorry your right FICO 9 EQ, even with posting 2 weeks prior they are still off.

Message 3 of 24
AllZero
Mega Contributor

I made a mistake too. It's EQ.
Message 4 of 24
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@babbles wrote:

Something has changed on your credit report from the time Navy and you did your own pulls. Have you looked into detail on what might have changed, before and after?

Message 5 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AllZero wrote:

@babbles wrote:

Something has changed on your credit report from the time Navy and you did your own pulls. Have you looked into detail on what might have changed, before and after?

I've noticed the same thing. I pulled my EQ FICO 9 scores the same day NFCU provided it and there is a 20 point difference. Even if there was a few days between when they gathered and posted it, I took a look over my EQ report pulled at the end of August vs the one I got when I pulled my own EQ FICO 9 and they are line for line identical. 

Message 6 of 24
AllZero
Mega Contributor

^ Where are you getting your EQ 9 reports?
Message 7 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AllZero wrote:
^ Where are you getting your EQ 9 reports?

MyFico for the score, Equifax for the reports. 

Message 8 of 24
omgitsMatt
Frequent Contributor

They soft pull the 4th Tuesday of every month.

The FICO 9 score you see was pulled on the 27th of last month even though it says 9/6/19

The next score you will see will be from the 24th of this month.

Sometimes they pull sooner leading up to a holiday I've heard.
Message 9 of 24
omgitsMatt
Frequent Contributor

If you match up the scores from the 4th Tuesday of the month to when they provide them to you two weeks later they'll sync up
Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.