cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Membership & Auto Loan Application, CLOC, Credit Card In what Recommended Order?

tag
arn0822
Valued Member

NFCU Membership & Auto Loan Application, CLOC, Credit Card In what Recommended Order?

I am about ready to join NFCU.  I am a spouse of a retired veteran, so I meet the eligibility requirments to join.  I plan to join in person on Friday.  After opening my account how long do I have to wait to apply for an Auto Loan?  This is the most pressing matter.  I also plan to apply for the CLOC and a credit card but I do not know which order to request these products. 

I close on my house Friday so I have several inquiries from this process.  I want to pursue these prcoducts in tbe best recommended order knowing they will be pulling my credit report several times.  Any help is appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

Started establishing business credit 08/2021.
AMEX Amazon Business Prime | AMEX Lowes 4PROS| FNBO | Quill | Uline |Grainger | Floor & Decor | ExxonMobile | Capital One Sparks Business | Amazon Business Credit Net 30 | Amazon Net 55 | Office Max/Office Depot
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Re: NFCU Membership & Auto Loan Application, CLOC, Credit Card In what Recommended Order?

From what I have experienced and read of other ppls experiences. Once you join it's open to anything you wish to apply for . My fiancé and I joined last mth and apped immediately and he was instantly approved.
We dealt with alot of drama from verification but after all that was cleared I was approved on reconsideration for my cc.
Message 2 of 18
arn0822
Valued Member

Re: NFCU Membership & Auto Loan Application, CLOC, Credit Card In what Recommended Order?

Thank you for your response.  Today must be a slow response day, as generally reponses have been quicker.  Again, thanks.

AMEX Amazon Business Prime | AMEX Lowes 4PROS| FNBO | Quill | Uline |Grainger | Floor & Decor | ExxonMobile | Capital One Sparks Business | Amazon Business Credit Net 30 | Amazon Net 55 | Office Max/Office Depot
Message 3 of 18
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

If you are going to be in branch... you can apply for all 3 instantly if you want.

Message 4 of 18
arn0822
Valued Member

Thank you CreditAddict, I was hoping there would an advantage to going into the branch.

Message 5 of 18
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@arn0822 wrote:

Thank you CreditAddict, I was hoping there would an advantage to going into the branch.

I don't really think so since I think most don't live anywhere near one but can't hurt if you rather.

Message 6 of 18
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Yea the weekends seem a bit slower on here to me. Good luck and let us know how it turns out . Make sure to take all the proper docs with you when you go to open memebership. They will need gov issue ID'S , your husbands info bc he will be your sponser , does he already have an account with them? If not he will have to join to sponser you I believe. Also need a utility bill for proof of address , I just don't want you to have to make 2 trips .
Message 7 of 18
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

He doesn't have to join but you may need to prove that he qualifies
Message 8 of 18
arn0822
Valued Member

Thanks, I can take my husband's  LES paperwork.  My mom and auntie are also members.  My mom said if I give them her name they can look her up.  That's what she did when she used my aunt to get in.

Message 9 of 18
Guyatthebeach
Valued Contributor

@arn0822 wrote:

I am about ready to join NFCU.  I am a spouse of a retired veteran, so I meet the eligibility requirments to join.  I plan to join in person on Friday.  After opening my account how long do I have to wait to apply for an Auto Loan?  This is the most pressing matter.  I also plan to apply for the CLOC and a credit card but I do not know which order to request these products. 

I close on my house Friday so I have several inquiries from this process.  I want to pursue these prcoducts in tbe best recommended order knowing they will be pulling my credit report several times.  Any help is appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

Arn0822,

Congrats on closing on your house.

If you can, apply in the branch. After you join, you can apply for everything. When I joined, I was approved for $500 CLOC and 14k cash rewards Visa. 

From  what I have read, NFCU typically won't approve car loans right after joining. I would ask the rep about it when you join.

Guyatthebeach

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.