Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Reporting New Account BEFORE Final Paperwork Signed

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU Reporting New Account BEFORE Final Paperwork Signed

I applied for a PL from NFCU and PenFed.  NFCU approved immediately. PenFed is countering. NFCU sent the electronic paperwork to be completed. I have not completed it as of yet (I have a couple weeks with both CU's to get it back to them).  I am still trying to decide which one I will accept.

Today I get an alert from Experian that a new account (NFCU) has been reported on my bureau report. It seems unusual that the account would be reported and it is not finalized. I may not accept this account so it does not need to be on my report as a new account just yet. Does anyone have any comments or experiences with this?  I just think this is a cart before the horse thing. What if I don't sign/accept the loan? Why would an account be reported that does not exist?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: NFCU Reporting New Account BEFORE Final Paperwork Signed

It appears that NFCU has a differing opinion, and considers what you have already provided to have been sufficient to meet their approval.

You need to contact them if you disagree with their formal establishment of the account and decline and request they delete their reporting.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU Reporting New Account BEFORE Final Paperwork Signed

@RobertEGwrote:

It appears that NFCU has a differing opinion, and considers what you have already provided to have been sufficient to meet their approval.

You need to contact them if you disagree with their formal establishment of the account and decline and request they delete their reporting.

As always thanks so much for your response.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.