Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU and EX Reporting

tag
Curious_George2
Valued Contributor

Re: NFCU and EX Reporting

@OmarGB9 wrote:

Finally reported for me yesterday I believe.

Same here. Exactly two weeks after statement cut. Hope this was just a one-time blip. 

Message 11 of 20
USMC_Winger
Frequent Contributor

@Curious_George2 wrote:

@OmarGB9 wrote:

Finally reported for me yesterday I believe.

Same here. Exactly two weeks after statement cut. Hope this was just a one-time blip. 

Ditto.

FICOs:

Message 12 of 20
althes
Frequent Contributor

Not a blimp, one of my platinum cards cut on the 5th and no update.

But it has already updated on TU in about 2 days.

Message 13 of 20
babygirl1256
Senior Contributor

My 2nd NFCU statement is about to cut but NFCU hasn’t reported my account to either of the CRAs . . . just waiting and hopefully by the 3rd statement; my credit reports will update.

Starting FICO 8 Score in 06/2019: EQ-625, TU-649, EX-640
Current FICO 8 Score in 06/2021: EQ-796, TU-806, EX-812
Goal FICO 8 Score in 06/2022: EQ-825, TU-850, EX-850
Message 14 of 20
USMC_Winger
Frequent Contributor

@babygirl1256 wrote:

My 2nd NFCU statement is about to cut but NFCU hasn’t reported my account to either of the CRAs . . . just waiting and hopefully by the 3rd statement; my credit reports will update.

Navy Fed reports new credit card accounts after the second billing cycle.  Expect TU & EQ to update 3 to 4 days after the statement cuts.

I don't know when EX will update new Navy Fed accounts this month, but my new account was reported 6 days after the statement cut at the beginning of last month.  EX updated my established account 14 days after the statement cut in the middle of the month.  I hope they're not getting even further behind this month.

FICOs:

Message 15 of 20
babygirl1256
Senior Contributor

@USMC_Winger Thank you so much, great information to know as I was wondering. I am hoping the new account doesn't drop my scores; so I'm a little nervous about that! Glad I pulled the plug on the PenFed account. I did get the HP but decided to withdraw the application.

Starting FICO 8 Score in 06/2019: EQ-625, TU-649, EX-640
Current FICO 8 Score in 06/2021: EQ-796, TU-806, EX-812
Goal FICO 8 Score in 06/2022: EQ-825, TU-850, EX-850
Message 16 of 20
USMC_Winger
Frequent Contributor

@babygirl1256 wrote:

@USMC_Winger Thank you so much, great information to know as I was wondering. I am hoping the new account doesn't drop my scores; so I'm a little nervous about that! Glad I pulled the plug on the PenFed account. I did get the HP but decided to withdraw the application.

@babygirl1256 You're welcome!  Good news if you already have a new account less than 12 months old:  you already lost the "new account" points, so you won't lose them again!  If you don't have any new accounts, then the points you lose now will return after the credit card ages 12 months, unless you open more new accounts in the meantime.

FICOs:

Message 17 of 20
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Now my secured card hasn't updated and my statement date was the 4th...

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 18 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

"Navy Fed reports new credit card accounts after the second billing cycle.  Expect TU & EQ to update 3 to 4 days after the statement cuts."

I fully expected this from my reading here. My new Navy CC has reported to EQ after my first statement(5/7) and before my first due date(6/4). 

EQ is the only bureau reporting the card but it's way before I was expecting. 

Message 19 of 20
althes
Frequent Contributor

NFCU statement updated on EX today.

So it seems it takes 2 weeks for them to update now.

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.