cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU double pulled EQ and single pulled TU for CLOC

Highlighted
Super Contributor

NFCU double pulled EQ and single pulled TU for CLOC

A friend of mine and brand new member of the NFCU applied for a CLOC and they double pulled TU and EQ on him.

Edit: come to find out they pulled Equifax twice and TransUnion once.
-Our Community’s updated scoring wisdom: Link to Scoring Primer.
-For Negative Reason Codes see: CassieCard’s Score Factors thread.
-ccquest’s workbook to calculate metrics for you: Link to Workbook.

Nov 2020, Clean/Thick/Mature/No New Account Scorecard (EX9 not updated yet. Oldest/avg varies. Estimates above.)
Real world mortgage maxes are: EQ5-818, TU4-839, EX2-844.

RIP:
(Everything said is JMHO and is not endorsed by FICO or MF. I have no affiliation with either, just a grateful member.)
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted
Super Contributor

Re: NFCU double pulled EQ and TU for CLOC

Thanks for the data point.

If he hasn't done so all ready, have him apply for a CC. Have him call in so they can hopefully reuse that TU hard pull. Might as well make the inquiry usefull.
Message 2 of 15
Highlighted
Super Contributor

That’s the funny part he got the credit card a day or two before with a TU pull, so this made 2!!😥

Nov 2020, Clean/Thick/Mature/No New Account Scorecard (EX9 not updated yet. Oldest/avg varies. Estimates above.)

RIP:
(Everything said is JMHO and is not endorsed by FICO or MF. I have no affiliation with either, just a grateful member.)
Message 3 of 15
Highlighted
Super Contributor

That stings. Maybe have him ask Navy to recode as soft pull. If not, start building a graveyard for the Navy hard inquiries.
Message 4 of 15
Highlighted
Super Contributor

We asked them to do a soft pull and we asked them to use the previous pull from the day before and received a resounding no. Lol. And then to add insult to injury they gave him the minimum CLOC with an excellent score. Was definitely not worth the two pulls, but maybe it will grow. I’m just glad it wasn’t me.

RIP:
Message 5 of 15
Highlighted
Super Contributor

From old data points I've read, send secure message. Ask for recon, include two pay stubs. Max CLOC is $15k I think.
Message 6 of 15
Highlighted
Super Contributor

Thanks Allzero but we already asked for recon and they shot it down. 😥

RIP:
Message 7 of 15
Highlighted
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

I am sooooo glad I didn't app for a CLOC this morning.

Message 8 of 15
Highlighted
Super Contributor

@Birdman7 wrote:
Thanks Allzero but we already asked for recon and they shot it down. 😥

That's too bad. Even though I love Navy, their APR on the CLOC is a touch high compared to other credit unions' PLOC

Message 9 of 15
Highlighted
Super Contributor

I’ll tell you what else is really bad. We already had Equifax unlocked because we know that’s what they use, well they sent us a message and said unlock TU, we have to have TU, Equifax is not being considered.

then they turned around and pulled TU and Equifax again a second time after they told us it wasn’t even being used!

Obviously we’ve already requested both the first and second pull on Equifax be recoded as a soft pull since they confirmed in writing it was not being used or considered.

I’m assuming the computer must’ve pulled it both times.

RIP:
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.